Why Angel is incredibly healthy for this game (imo)

I am very surprised and pleased that Scopely has released Angel as an option for any player in this game. This toon is a huge boon to both F2P and P2P imo.

Let’s get out of the way the ‘Doc is dead’ (or Raven for that matter) calls straight away. Doc is only dead on attack when you face Angel as a lead. Since in RTS, you are fully aware of the lead you will be facing, you just don’t take Doc against her lead, but take him against everyone else. Having said that, Angel now allows all players the option of neutering Doc (and other turn 1 actives) thus stopping the immediate Turn 1 or Turn 2 team wins or at least delaying them. This is quite a big deal and is a much better alternative than an Sclass Payback or Bide put in place to address it and shouldn’t be underestimated with how important a step this is. This also helps bring a crumb of balance back. Doc is definitely dead on defence, I’ll grant that, unless you use Doc in such an effective defence that requires the opponent to take Angel as a lead and thus preventing the opponent taking a lead that would grant them ap and att boost that they need against your other toons.

The fact that she is a rainbow lead and available to anybody is a huge deal. If she had not been rainbow, players would have been negatively affected for choices they had made in the past compared to those that she would fit perfectly in for. It also allows all players to make a 4 or 5 Sclass team immediately since many F2P who had picked James before was struggling to fit him in with Kapoor.

Trauma is an excellent skill and prevents many metas that players spend months building towards, simply vanish before they get there. You building towards a bleed team? Don’t worry, if counters come out in the future, you have a trauma toon to counter those counters.

Her lead is nowhere near as over the top as Mercer as toons can still achieve something if dazed, unlike those who are stunned so she won’t be damaging to the game in the same way Mercer is.

I call out Scopely when they do shady sh.t and when they bring features in that worsen the game and gamplay, but with Angel, I am more than happy to say that they have made an excellent move. Especially allowing such a strong toon be available to all.

Never turn your nose up at a rainbow lead.

40 Likes

Angel is definitely a nice pickup, I just went james because I personally have no issues with doc or raven teams and he seems like a good choice for a priya like melee lead somewhere in the future

5 Likes

Fair play. It’s the fact she was an option with everything that she brings that is a majorly positive step.

I think you should give credit where its due and it truly is due here. She was worth the wait. I feel that she’s definitely a good fit where I’m at moving up in both team grade and reputation I’m facing teams that’ll eat James alive. He’s a easy kill. That being said if she doesn’t fit you then she doesn’t but I like where they are going here. I thought hard and heavy about James but I’m moving up and facing harder teams. I kill James so easily with Christa.I thought about duel christas too.who needs that though? I just don’t see me ever having a use for him. But hey, to each their own and I hope everyone got who they wanted regardless! And enjoy them. I think the diff in choices are going to vary between where you are in the game. She may not be useful to a low grade team. But she’s priceless as you move up.

5 Likes

Some of my teammates put her up on friendly duel and the difference on my doc based attack team was one turn, so not exactly a huge deal.

4 Likes

ah you mean they put up unleveled toon as a test

3 Likes

It wasnt maxxed, but that wouldn’t have made a dramatic difference. Her ar and as was maxxed.

1 Like

Is that because her AS didn’t activate?
Tbh 1 turn can make a dramatic difference in this game.

I agree, brings back some strategy to the game that was getting a bit stale with how overpowered some setups were.
Makes raiding a bit more exciting again.

3 Likes

You mean people slapping together random toons didnt work? I’ll be trying some things with her and mercer I think could be interesting.

1 Like

While she’s a good addition to f2p, let’s be honest, we have gotten good use out of doc… I am not liking this trend of leads. I can’t imagine what’s coming next.

7 Likes

Going play around with this but sadly not many real teams up fucken raid

2 Likes

Did I say random toons? No.

Still won’t stop two rampage priyas. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

People like actually didn’t pick angel? Wild

1 Like

She has been out for like 3 hours and you get the benefit of seeing who is behind her. That is one benefit to her being rainbow lead. You can be swapping defense every turn. I saw four stun greens work well behind her for example.

Except the people who literally just bought him and most of them were probably ftp ffs. I’d be pissed and cant even get refund.

2 Likes

yeah great edition but anyone who pulledbfir drbsteven would be kicking themselves

1 Like

princess goes well behind her

1 Like

Yea that would be disappointing for sure.