What's happening here?

So, I remember in the beginning of this year having fun events and enjoying this game so much. Its what hooked me. The Michelle event, pathways, the free S class, free war toon, and it was fun. Since October its been one headache after another. Did they change something? What’s going on? We had the gear drought in October, the trainer drought since pathways. And its not looking up for Christmas. Is Scopely on its last legs with this game? I’m not complaining mind you. I’m just worried. It seems my favorite addiction is becoming not so fun lately. May be I should take a few days off and come back? But then ill be behind on the event. Idk. Its losing its luster for me. Id rather sit home and binge watch American horror story lately then log on. We played hard this weekend. Coming in ##2 in level up event and raid tourney. I looked at the rewards which were 13,500 5* tokens. I got a dupe ivanova 5* for 3 days of effort. Its just made me think I guess. Idk. But I hope it gets better soon. I may take a few days after war to breath and get it together. I’ve put a lot of effort in it just to throw it away. Maybe its just so frustrating rn. They’ve not kept any promises they made. The events only get 10 times worse if we complain. Its like they do not care. Sorry. I’m just frustrated and concerned about where this game is heading. I hope you all a very good week! And thanks for listening. I hope this scrappy event isn’t all we have to look forward toon. No word on the gold bricks? No word on trainers? No word on any thing worthwhile. Lol . Dang it. Peace out y’all! Thanks for listening to me pout. Lol.

7 Likes

You’re definitely not alone with all of the concerns and frustrations the events all suck for the most part and the worst part about it is it’s not like they don’t know how to make a good straightforward event because they used to do it all the time…they just choose not to nowadays

2 Likes

Honestly, it started going downhill in January sometime. Still had some pretty good events happening, and some nice F2P characters were released, but overall 2018 was much, much better. Downward spiral since then.

3 Likes

Right? That’s how it feels exactly. I’m just concerned the games in its death throws. Lol. I enjoy it so much sometimes. But its been a drag lately. Especially considering last year at this time.

They got a new team in 2019, been shit since, they only did a bit of good things cause of PU and they didnt want the shareholders to find out about that so they had to shut that down asap. Also it is the end of the year, they have quarterly and a yearly report and it is vacation time for them so right now it is milk as much money as can

I started playing in 2018 and I agree. But this year started out strong its gradually went straight to hell in a handbasket. Makes me wonder why that is.

1 Like

Thank you. That was exactly the answer that I was seeking. That makes total sense. But I hate the direction its going in. We had a decent Christmas with them last year even so. I guess expecting the same was too much this year.

They realized they can no longer make the big bucks since a lot of players get together after that famous interview and #PU that’s my opinion. Why “investing” resources like skilled coders and time (to create something) when they cannot any longer drain wallets of players. And the reality is, the game is boring and has been from the beginning due of the never ending grinding and fake RNG nonsense everywhere.

2 Likes

I enjoy it. Even now. I like the story and the fun things. But I wish they’d put time into improving it the same as they do cashing in on it.

2 Likes

The time for improving is over since number of players and revenue goes down. Sure I cannot prove this because you won’t get your hands on to hard data but that’s how it feels after that interview. Also I believe they know very well how and what they do. Especially after all what happened in the past 6 - 10 months. Yes sure, there will come new people from time to time. But the majority of those new people will leave when they realize how much time they have to invest just to make some progress, and after 3 months you realize all your grinding was for nothing since you have to “get better” all the damn time. But for them it is no longer profitable to “be a creative and innovative” game publisher.

2 Likes

Games in the gutter. There will be another mass exodus of whales after the WOC. Trying to suck every penny they can before hand.

7 Likes

I totally see what your saying. It saddens me bc there’s so much potential and ways they could still maximize profits if they just improved and made the current player base happy. Its such a waste of true potential. I could show them how to maximize on profits by improving basic aspects of the game to improve players experience. Its basic business. Happy customers make better revenue. It doesn’t seem as hard as scopely makes it for themselves. Lol. But I see what your saying and believe it.

2 Likes

This games, while rts is the game that got scopely to where they are, this games on the back burner, star trek and they have others now.

Let me say this, i love this game, i really do or else i wouldnt be playing every single day for 4 years but i can admit and accept that this game is close to the end, it isnt cared for much and is only around for easy money and testing grounds before they go into other games. I would love for this game to go another 4 years but tbh at this point, i want it to die. I dont wanna do another 4 years of this.

Wjy dont you just quit? Cause the core game is a damn, really damn good game and the faction im in now is my home and my fam and im here to the end for them.

They do as little as can to get as much profit as can. If i can spend 1 cent but make $20 off that, why would i spend $10 to make $20 off that.

1 Like

Points are made here. And I feel you on why your sticking around. Same for me.

I’ve made it clear, if scopely would go about it differently they can actually make more money. I dont spend cause i dont want to support the treatment we receive, i have the money, i can be one of the biggest whales but i spend money elsewhere. I really wish they got someone in a higher up position who understood this, 1 million people spending $1 each = $1 million :man_shrugging: instead they push people away like me, others, from spending. Also they dont seem to care about their name/image, for example, i will never touch anything with scopelys name on it, saw my cousin playing rts, i “talked” to him why he isnt going to be playing it. My other cousin saw looney toons commercial, i didnt let her downlaod it, when friends ask what game i play, if they should play it, i convice them not to. Scopely doesnt care tho, theyve made their money and that is that.

1 Like

I think Pathways was the beginning of the decline. I enjoyed Pathways for the crates but overall it was messy with high milestones too many people couldn’t achieve for a toon that didn’t live up to Michelle before. Everything after Pathways was riddled with bugs. Every single event they’ve run since spring/early summer has been heavily bugged. That’s pretty terrible by anyone account.

The decision making has been horrible and it’s clear they have no love for F2P. Everything has been put behind a paywall or else you get scraps. Too many events have gone by without being able to get the featured toon(unless they are so bugged they basically hand out Michonne and Mr. Jones)

3 Likes

The beginning of the decline was when they hired this Tucker guy and decided to push the gambling aspect to new highs while everything else was no longer relevant for them like F2P or new game content. I mean the player base literally had to beg for wheel (toons) updates and etc. A lot have realized they do not get anything in return when they pump money into the “experience”. Greed kills just everything.

2 Likes

Right. Yep. This is all the truth. No denying it :slight_smile:

Your right. They are missing huge opportunities here. They have a loyal player base, that sticks by them. They should cater more to the needs of said players. But your right. They figure the most has been made time to move on. I hope another company buys it and does miracles with it. Only time will tell.

Skybound saved telltale, would love for them to save rts

1 Like