What if trading was implemented?

Share your opinions and experiences here !

I’ve been part of the Team Fortress 2 and CS:GO trading communities for 8 years now, made a good amount of money out of it and what if there was a trading system implemented in TWD:RTS?

Making cans and characters tradeable, cans would basically be the basic currency (road > raid > war > world) while characters are the really worthy thing. Maybe even include mods as a part of it. And let the community develop the own pricing. Or even a website that shows the medium price characters are being traded for.

Thats just a discussion thread, dont get salty ! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

As many have stated trading wouldn’t be very profitable for scopely so it won’t be implemented.

4 Likes

As it’s been said many times, bad idea, will never happen. But @anon76032564 already made the popcorn, so let’s get the flamewar started.

3 Likes

I got you.

2 Likes

This shit is stupid.

13 Likes

Yeah, but there could be some kind of workaround for them. Maybe a trade limit per day, where you should pay gold to increase it. Maybe a gold tax per trade.

3 Likes

I doubt any of that would help scopely are struggling very much at the moment they have gone from rank 3 in top grossing to rank 101 the heavy push to milk the game has failed they need to come up with new ideas and balance the game out and i doubt trading would be something they consider but possible if they are desperate i guess.

1 Like

Not going to happen. If Scopes implements this, they stand to lose a heckuvalotta profit, therefore your argument, no matter how rational, is invalid. Cans are sold in bulk by offers (namely Survival Road and Raid cans), and there is no doubt in my mind that people actually buy those, too. Mods are sold in quite a few offers, so that’s a no go for that as well. And I’m not even going into depth on how easily this feature, if implemented, could be exploited.

In short, no positive increase to revenue, no deal. Sorry, mate.

1 Like

The fact that YOU made money it is the number one reason they will not implement it here. They want you to pay them every cent, not pay them some and others some

10 Likes

How exactly would they lose profit? People still have to spend to even get a chance at the toon let alone another one to trade, plus they could make it some type of currency required to trade so its not easilu expoiltable

They already have lost a substantial amount of gross profit. They have fallen in top grossing charts substantially from rank 3 to rank 101. If they are somewhat desperate to add new features to the game trading would be a possibility yet it would be done in a way to make spenders more powerful so i would never want it implemented.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s stupid.
The idea obviously would be very nice for players but thinking from a business side not really profitable even if it cost coins to do so. People pull tons of dupes while other players have 0 of that toon allowing this would discourage pulling because people know its more likely they could trade and get the toon 100% opposed to pulling for it on rng wheel.
Scopley doesnt even allow people to give their rosters away free if they quit, they certainly wont allow trade. But nothing wrong with throwing out the idea for discussion

.R/whoosh

Hackers gonna hack bro.
Secondly, spenders gonna spend and share their wealth amongst themselves reducing the amount they need to spend

3 Likes

I have roughly around 30k gold currently i am ftp. I did have 40k but i purchased some raid bags recently . If scopely didn’t want us to have a chance to make gold then why haven’t they removed the tapjoy section?.

Okay then, let’s give an example.
People who would normally spend a ton to get a chance at a character can now trade with others, meaning several potential 40 pulls will now never take place. Somebody who would have spend a ridiculous amount of money on offers and whatnot no longer feels the need to, as they can just trade and poof, they have said character with zero effort. All the dupes you’ve ever pulled suddenly gain actual value besides fodder, meaning you can trade the previously worthless toons away for a shiny new one, satiating your hunger for the latest and greatest. Profits would plummet, no go.

1 Like

6 Likes

They could do what Pokémon TCG app does - cards obtained for free/with coins are trade locked. Cards purchased with real money can be traded.

1 Like

Or it could mean more people gonna start pulling for top tiers characters for profit (be it cans, other top tier characters or even real life money. Its kinda complex imagining this system interface in-game actuallly lmao;

1 Like

https://forums.scopely.com/uploads/short-url/sLK6ynctFrTnW9TfIl4VIxufT2a.jpeg

No need to look, as it seems Steve came prepared. :laughing:

4 Likes