WD token event nearly impossible

With all the crapshow that’s going on with wars and logins, we need to revisit another current issue. The fact that on one is going to get characters from the current event. The structure is so bad because placing well does not even guarantee a toon.

I’ve placed top 50 most events, getting 1.5 pulls, and this is what I’ve got.

100 seashells
100 seashells
100 seashells
100 seashells
400 seashells
750 seashells

200 beachballs
100 beachballs
100 beachballs

Even those placing top 15 each event with this kind of rng won’t be getting. Anything.

Scopely, are you listening?

#playersunited

3 Likes

its just bad rng, by some miracle i got back to back 10k sombreros…but come to those bags and i opened a ton in 4 regions and never got the coins…

2 Likes

I’ve been top 50 in every event so far and also have no hope of getting any of them. Surely for that much work we should be guaranteed one character? So many events with nothing to show for it except a few trainers. Seems to be the Scopely way now.

1 Like

Placing well means nothing because it’s RNG dependent. You can get first place every tournament and not get enough to claim any of the characters. As bad as the lugnuts/headlights events were at least you knew how many you were getting based on placement in lvl up and could choose your character/weapon etc.

2 Likes

I don’t even have 2k of one item and have been placing top in all events.
It’s total BS.
And as expected some newbie in my region who probably barely finished in the top 250 in the lvl up.
Was bragging in GC the other day how he got 10k Sombreros from one pull.
Great for him.
But this only proves how lame and pointless the crapy reward structure is.

5 Likes

Consistent 15th-50th finisher, I’m 5k towards Elodie, 1.3k towards Ivanova and f_ck all towards Harper.

In fact, the number of tokens I have towards Harper is ironically equivalent to the f_cks I give about this awful event structure (because to use the word reward would imply its actually rewarding)

4 Likes

We know this but the point is it shouldn’t be. We shouldn’t have to grind for weeks for nothing. That’s not fun and games are supposed to be fun.

1 Like

I remember doing lugnuts/headlights being able to figure out I needed to go all out in the last event and score 12 mil in lvl up to get what I needed. And in one of the other ones figuring if I just placed top 50 in the last 2 events I’d be ok.

This event structure is pitiful. You’re not even playing for rewards, you’re playing for pulls on the rng slot machine. I’ve decided to not even try this last week.

3 Likes

This reward structure was going to be abysmal from the start. However it does feel like The game makers are largely

2 Likes

Coins?! I didn’t even get the mods! Just Bennies… It helps, sure… But 20k coins would get me further!

1 Like

This is one of the worst event structure I have seen in the game. I don’t even have words to explain how terrible is… At least we should had 3 different wheels for each item, and the player would choose which one we will spend the tokens.

2 Likes

It funny just how annoying seeing 15 x Benedicts come out of your 70+ crate can be.
Any other time awesome. :joy:

1 Like

I got the coins.

Well, kudos for you! Really, congrats!
I opened 40 or 50 of those, and only got Bennies… Like I have the toons to ascend… NOT!

2 Likes

Only thing of value that I have gotten in over 3 yrs. Never pulled a premiere toon, but that’s not saying much as I’ve done very little pulls from the wheel. Life of a f2p.

1 Like

Same here… I struggle getting coins, and every toon I have I worked for it… And I mean grinding!!!
And now they come up with that stupid museum collection, that’s unreachable for everyone except the people that saved up comics. They’re just taking us for fools…

1 Like

This is called a scam.

Make you work hard for something and then put it just out of reach.

1 Like

1 Like

top 50 in all, some top 15, no were near too

Yeah the pay out is terrible but did just have a faction mate pull 10k beach balls.