War Matchmaking Algorithm

Hi all,

Was wondering if anyone else is having a similar issue. Currently in crw my faction is ranked at around 50. We have been in 10 wars and 9 out of the 10 were against top 5 factions.

We are solid but not a strong group. Has anyone else noticed matchings like this? We are getting absolutely stomped.

Has scopely altered the matchmaking algorithm or are we just a hard luck story here? @JB.Scopely

We are still giving this a go here and not throwing up the white flag… but its hard to keep up troop morale and getting the guys to line up just to get mauled over and over.

2 Likes

I assume you’re talking about warring at this hour. Scopely most likely did not do anything to the algorithm.

The most plausible reason for that happening is because any factions below ranked 6th see no reason to put in so much effort in the middle of the night for NO chance to complete the stash unless they spend.

3 Likes

Fair call maybe we have better luck tomorrow. Thanks mate

Basically, trash rewards = less motivation to war.

Even some of the top 6 aren’t at their usual activity level.

Why would any one of them care about getting Kal, Laura, Bryan or Rick which won’t add any value to their war teams, except if they are collectors.

4 Likes

Exactly the same this CRW, we have lost every war so fight due to only meeting factions in the top 10. Their reputations are around 4 times ours.

Same here… Our rep is around 70,000… Got matched with a faction over 1,000,000 rep… At least they are over quick

ag

1 Like

We are in first by a few million and are matched against #102

Edit: Match took 3 minutes

I get that it has to match us against somebody, but that’s kinda trash. It is a perfect example of why there should be less regions and more people, so they’re more equal matches for everyone.

1 Like

I don’t think that will help. It’s just where they fell in the que. Chances are, the lower factions get paired with the higher ones because the higher ones are constantly in the que.

1 Like

There are two issues at play.

1. You can only match factions who are searching, and top factions tend to be always searching. If the algorithm waited to match you with a faction ranked closer to you in the standings you might be waiting a long time

2. Rep is irrelevant, it’s based on team strengths in the same way generals is - an arbitrary method of measuring a player’s roster strength which takes no account of how powerful a character might be. For example, Telltale Lee has higher stats than Dante, Revive Carl and Koa. But which would you rather on your team?

4 Likes

Our guild is at 600,000… last 5 match ups have been against opponents of 2 MILLION +… there is no contest. Those guilds are ptw who have 2 shield characters and 2 revivers in each team… how do you compete against this and how is this even close to fair?

I[quote=“Final-Boss, post:8, topic:51613, full:true”]
We are in first by a few million and are matched against #102

Edit: Match took 3 minutes

I get that it has to match us against somebody, but that’s kinda trash. It is a perfect example of why there should be less regions and more people, so they’re more equal matches for everyone.
[/quote]

If you’re ahead by that much you should consider giving those smaller factions a chance instead of destroying them in 3 minutes. Durning AOW once we have a lead that secures our place we let all other teams have towers and take out the shields in our defenses. When everyone has fun we all win

1 Like

The problem with that is that we are competing in a bunch of areas in leagues, so it hurts us there if we do.

That is the reasonable thing to do, but with CRW, as you know, the whale factions are fighting it out so can’t give an inch. I also am having a hard time believing that the top factions are the only ones fighting. We get matched with #2 after only a couple minutes of searching. We are #47 atm. The matchmaker did not look very long to match us up with that top faction.

Same old story of lower factions being fed to top. Nothing to see here, move along…

Some mobile games that have little funds and are indie dev run have better mm algorithms than what road to survival has.

He said they had a 2 million lead. I wouldn’t think waiting seven minimutes to destroy a faction vs three would give anyone a chance to gain 2 million :slight_smile:

My understanding was that his faction had a 2 million lead over the 2nd place faction in AOW, so no one could catch them and take first place. But I could have misunderstood.

I could have misunderstood too haha :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.