War Campaigns and War Rewards Update

Hello Survivors,

We’re excited to share with you details on some upcoming changes to War. War is the pinnacle event in Road to Survival and we’ve been working on an update that adds exciting new elements that we believe will make War event even better.

We’ve heard from the community and the Player Council that the rewards from War could be more exciting and better match the prestige of War. Accordingly, we’re making some changes:

War Campaigns and Updated War Rewards

It’s our pleasure to announce War Campaigns! War Campaigns are exciting, new multi-war events. A War Campaign encompasses regularly scheduled wars (AOW & CRW) that take place during a specific length of time. During the War Campaign, players will be able to earn their choice of either S-class collectibles for the new War Exclusive S-class character or War Tokens for the new permanent War Wheel. Details include:

Permanent War Wheel

• War Tokens on this new wheel will no longer expire
  • The War wheel will contain 4 characters, which will be refreshed periodically (this updated War Wheel will launch for the Nov 1 War)
    • Our goal with these characters is to ensure they are strong and meta relevant in order to help players of all levels improve their rosters.
    • You may see some of all of these characters as rewards in other areas of the game over time.

War Campaign S-Class Exclusive

• The War exclusive S-Class Character will be obtainable via a collection that requires the new collectible: Half Rotting Heads.
    • This collection will allow for a single redemption and will be available indefinitely.
  • Half Rotting Heads will also be required to obtain the Gear to level up the exclusive S-Class character

Our Inaugural Fall War Campaign will begin on October 18th and will last for 6 Wars (excluding Blitz Wars). However, players may begin collecting the new S-Class collectibles (Half Rotting Heads) for the War exclusive S-Class character via milestones in next week’s CRW (War Tokens will not be rewarded in next weeks CRW).

Additionally, we will also be using this first War Campaign as a qualifier for our early 2020 War of Champions. The Top 40 Factions with the highest cumulative War scores for this campaign will be qualified to enter. More information on War of Champions will be announced closer to the event.

We hope you enjoy War Campaigns and the revamped War Rewards. We’ll see you on the battlefield!

Best,
The Walking Dead: Road to Survival Team

41 Likes

COW 2.0!! Exciting

34 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

27 Likes

Here it is.
“(War Tokens will not be rewarded in next weeks CRW).”

3 Likes

Those 4 toons need some lead skills. Maybe not even all of them, just a few every once in a while would be nice

6 Likes

No Patrick. Jeremiah is not a strong and relevant character

17 Likes

Who are these customers you are quoting that has provided feedback? I’ve not seen any engagement again with customers on this subject matter and I don’t mean Scopely’s created and much dwindled PC. I’ve asked this question a few times, can you please as per promises provide “better communication” and let us know. @GR.Scopely @Andrea_Scopely would include JB but apparently the forum is GR’S (gigi’s) gig

11 Likes

Why? Why must we keep creating new gear and continue to delay using a new toon? I just don’t get it. Save up and work for the toon, then i can’t even use it fully until i save and work for the gear for it

47 Likes

Why…just why…

1 Like

This is good. And frequent refreshes is good. No more SD token prizes. Nice move.

Hmm. Will this be achieveable for all? Hmm. Let’s not fall back to exclusive war prizes era which established the gap in the first place. Make sure everyone is getting S-Classes. Maybe… collectables in milestones

21 Likes

Will this be in the same vein of TOC (tournament of champions) and WOC (war of champions)?

Is this COC?
Are you trying to create Campaign of Champions and calling it COC??

Are the kneeepads coming back?

Lame

15 Likes

Can’t wait for my yellow Barker.

16 Likes

Come on, less than ten minutes of searching, lots of people complain about war rewards and have suggestions how to make them better:

16 Likes

Why even try, scope will just nerf it or make it obsolete with the next toon to come out. Oh and what about the bucket sitch, over half the players that didnt quit will have to shell out what, $100k real for a chance to get any toon worth a damn to make any difference. Im a S9++ and cant do anything to win a raid let alone a war.

4 Likes

How are transfers going to be handled? Are we going to be able to transfer before the 18th and then be locked until 6 wars (~12 weeks) later?

22 Likes

But how are these new war rewards better than those we have been getting? They are not. It means that people are going to have to war constantly, event after event, just to get 1 new toon. Then they’ll have to war again and again to level it up so it can be used. How is that better? Yes, the toon being s class is better, but how is warring for probably months on end to get that toon to a useable standard better than a war token wheel for toons that people can obtain more often and use straight away?

7 Likes

I think if you do a forums search, you’ll find lots of feedback where people complained that mid-tier factions didn’t even get a single pull on the war wheel and the wheels shouldn’t have a timer. This is probably better than SD points or 5* tokens.

6 Likes

The permanent war wheel is long overdue, so thank you for doing that much.

I am hesitant to agree that this is any improvement in the quality of rewards until it is clear what the timeline is to turn them into something useable. If events give collectibles that take 3-4 months to earn enough to obtain a character and then 3-4 more months to even make it useable (likely after the 2 S-Class P2W toons a month have already eclipsed it, power wise), then this is no improvement.

5 Likes

This made me laugh

2 Likes