Useless basic tokens

Does anyone else feel the basic tokens are a complete waste of time. It does my head in having to open them, especially after a war!

9 Likes

Getting a 3* is nice from there but why not revamp basic tokens 3* weapons and toons and trainers it be a lot better problehnnis everyone wants there to be no 3* in any wheel which eliminates ease of fodder

1 Like

Why everyone? I only read one comment, about someone saying that, which is ridicoulus.
3* should just stay out off Premier.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s kinda annoying. It would be so easy to revamp them, they
just need to remove the 1* characters and 1* and 2* Weapons. Solved.

3 Likes

When starting the game some lower level items are good. But it is clear they forgot the progression algorithm - as you advance the reward will match your level. Seems a lot of hard-coded stuff. Just my take on this.

4 Likes

It’s a small part of a bigger problem. Everything 1-star should be removed completely. 3-stars should basically be survivors used for leveling 4-stars and higher.

Helper Tokens are also a waste of time.

I’ve said this plenty of times before. I love the addition of 6-stars. No the rollout and execution hasn’t been perfect, but overall it’s a great addition to the game.

In the time before 6-stars, I had no use for 3-stars at all while 4-stars served some purpose. Now in the time of 6-stars, 4-stars may help in scavenging and survival road, but that’s about it.

It seems like newer players suffer the most. Our faction tries to help out by having a few newer players but it’s a struggle for them.

I think by keeping 3-stars as viable, useful toons, Scopely is bringing more unbalance to an already unbalanced game.

I truly believe if I had started out playing in the last year, I would’ve stopped playing after a months.

1 Like

Agree - How to get new players ramped up without boring the higher level players?

1 Like

Scopely has a way for this already in the game. See?

credit

1 Like

Basic tokens wouldn’t be so terrible if you could level a 6* adrenaline rush with them 1* and 2*. However, you can’t so they are pretty much worthless. I don’t remember the last time I intentionally tried to increase a 5* adrenaline rush. If it increased it was purely by accident. Basic token should be all 3* and 4* characters and all 3* and 4* weapons. Maybe add in some gear to sell like hiking boots, leather gloves, etc. A major overhaul would be nice.

2 Likes

It makes it very tedious having to collect knowing it is essentially useless at this stage of the game. They rolled out the 6* characters but left the “old” system still in place used for the 5* character model. I agree, maybe an overhaul of the helper tokens and basic tokens. Eradicate the 1* items and have a min of 2* weapons, characters/trainers, gear and weapon parts. The set level could be left at 3* and would encourage more participation in faction for the helper token side of it. This game has got major potential but needs the vision to integrate and harmonise all features and put everything in balance with where they have taken this game at this point in time

2 Likes

I think removing 1* and 2* completely would be good for the game. Maybe also getting rid of the need for ascendance medals when going from 3* to 4* so that all of your 3* can be converted easily to 4*. New players could amass lots of 4* and 5* from the start and not have to wait months to get their first 6*.

2 Likes

I know what you’re saying, the grind is relentless to get not much further. In regards to new players , if it isn’t changed fast it will put them off. The process is too long. I’ve played for years but if I had just started I don’t think I would play as much or at all. It’s far too time consuming to get so very little in return

2 Likes

I like this thinking - move the new players up quickly.

1 Like

I like basic tokens as they are. There’s got to be SOME bottom reward, or else where is the start game? It would negatively affect the game progression to remove basic tokens or the 1-2 star items from them.

2 Likes

Yeah, I agree to that. Basic Tokens should’t be the new Elite Tokens and putting 4* in like someone wrote earlier is completly ridicolus and
would break everything. My Point is just that the 1* Chars and 1&2* Weapons should be removed.

1 Like

Again, you’ve got to have a bottom to the barrel, otherwise its too shallow. 1 and 2 star items make up a critical part of the game economy, and removing them is a great way to cause inflation.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s right. The main problem for me, that is so unbelievable annoying to open let’s say
100 Basic Tokens and get 60 1* chars, in your inventory, same with Weapons. The 2* characters
are completly fine and great for leveling, but 1* just don’t give enougth XP.

2 Likes

Don’t think they could negatively impact the game any more. So what you’re saying is keep the same system in place, which doesn’t work. Hey let’s all love the 1* while we get bare minimum for 6*. This is why the system stays broken and I’m sorry to say will always be the same. Good luck t4 your 6* characters

1 Like

Not true. You can get these crappy 1-star toons and weapons from farming the world map. You can make 1-star toons in the training grounds.

There is no need to keep them in the basic token wheels anymore. They need to remove the 1 star toons and weapons from the wheel. It’s the only way to return some value to them.

2 Likes

I thought they were already planning to update the wheels?

Imo basic and elite item tokens need fixing first.
You right…1* stuff needs to go and weapon drops need to be severely reduced.
Elite item tokens should get rid of hiking boots. Add Tier 3 6* Gear, Lilliths and Ulysses.

2 Likes