Upcoming Changes to Arena [Sept 30]

Greetings Survivors,

We hope you are enjoying Arenas. As we’ve previously discussed, we’re looking to continue to update and improve the feature. In early October, we’ll be updating Arena scoring to include turns taken, updating Draft pools with new fighters, as well as making a number of other usability improvements. More details to follow.

In the interim, we are continuing to listen to your feedback. To that end, starting on 09/30 at 2 pm PDT, we will be changing the Arenas schedule for all leagues. We are also making some changes to Champions Arena.

The changes are as follows:

• The number of normal arenas have been reduced from 7 to 5 with an unchanged duration of 24 hrs and no overlap of Arenas
  • We have reordered the combat themes. The new sequence starting on Monday will be: Old School || Draft || Classic || Trait Mania || Role Squad (The role squad type will rotate each week)
  • There will still be two Endurance normal arenas, but their slot will shift each week.
  • Champions Arena duration has been extended from 24 to 36 hours with a start time on Sat at 10 pm PDT, instead of Sunday at 10 am PDT.

Arena Calendar (subject to change):

Mon 2 pm - Tue 2 pm Tue 2 pm - Wed 2 pm Wed 2 pm - Thu 2 pm Thu 2 pm - Fri 2 pm Fri 2 pm - Sat 2 pm Sat 10 pm - Monday 10 am
Stretch 4 Arena 1 Arena 2 Arena 3 Arena 4 Arena 5 Champions Arena
Start 9/30/2019 14:00:00 Combat Theme Old School Draft Classic Trait Mania Support Squad Classic
End 10/7/2019 12:00:00 Score Mode Endurance Domination Endurance Domination Domination Endurance
Stretch 5
Start 10/7/2019 14:00:00 Combat Theme Old School Draft Classic Trait Mania Medic Squad Draft
End 10/14/2019 12:00:00 Score Mode Domination Endurance Domination Endurance Domination Endurance
Stretch 6
Start 10/14/2019 14:00:00 Combat Theme Old School Draft Classic Trait Mania Damage Squad Classic
End 10/21/2019 12:00:00 Score Mode Domination Domination Endurance Domination Endurance Endurance
Home Stretch
Start 10/21/2019 14:00:00 Combat Theme Old School Draft Classic Trait Mania Tank Squad Old School
End 10/28/2019 12:00:00 Score Mode Endurance Domination Domination Endurance Domination Endurance

Champions Arena Rewards

Over time, we hope to add different and new rewards to normal and Champions Arenas. This week, the Champions Arena rewards in Gold, Platinum, and Diamond Leagues will replace the Veteran Rings reward with various quantities of Choice Boxes. Each Choice Box will allow a player to select one reward from the following:

• 3x Veteran’s Ring
  • 25x Blue Key (Pete Anderson collection)
  • 25x Ice Cream Cone (Priya collection)
  • 25x Chocolate Cake Slice (Laopo collection)
  • 25x Bullet (Raulito collection)
  • 25x Vanilla Cake Slice (Hengyen collection)

We look forward to your feedback.

13 Likes

Boo. That means 3 Domination and 3 Endurances. I have no enthusiasm for Endurances. Domination is different and serves the mode better for uniqueness.

Arenas are still dominating the league landscape too. Prizes might be better except most don’t get them. Definitely won’t under Endurance, so meh.

I appreciate changes but let’s focus on things people want changed

29 Likes

Umm no lol i just got 6 rings for example and now i can choose 3 rings or a very tiny 25 of s class items? I see this as demotivating and people spending less money.

In fact overall no improvements have been made to arenas with this

Improvements that can be made-

More rings for ranks
Rings for lower ranks
Cheaper cost to enter
More tickets to be able to enter
Better matchmaking (im in D3 and its better for me to demote)
Change the extra entries amount to match what was paid (use 3 tickets = x3, use 10 tickets = x10)
Get rid of the fact that arenas affects leagues!

23 Likes

25 items is a joke unless you are giving us 10 boxes

8 Likes

2 Likes

Scale the pr… png!

2 Likes

Apart from all the shit happens recently with Bucketgate, They are doing good improvement overall !

Just showing how lazy they are haha

4 Likes

Changes to make it more p2p :-1::-1::-1:

Don’t know who comes up with these ideas. And then you come here saying you are taking our feedback? Do you think we’re dumb?

Eg. I think one of the biggest complaints is that in lower divisions in Platinum get better rewards than Diamond. @ForumAdmin how is this addressed? Another popular complaint is that people shouldn’t be able to use coins in the Champions Arena. Obviously it’s not addressed because it impacts your revenue.

24 Likes

All this change has done has increased the gap between the F2P and the Payers.

Already have people spending coins on Endurance to get the 3 champion tickets and now you have them 3 chances at it and a full 36 hours to coin for a chance at 300 S Class items.

Absolutely terrible change, just shows how out of touch you actually are when it comes to the general player.

Focused on those that pay as per usual and no-one else.

Absolute joke honestly, not impressed, you just made Arena twice as bad.

Why don’t you make the actual change I’ve seen people ask for; coins cannot be used to buy tickets. Full stop, then you’ve made it a better game mode all round. Of course you’d never do that as Arena is your latest cash cow.

You should seriously contact EA, you deserve their Worst Company in America reward

14 Likes

Its like you ask for our feedback and it goes in one ear out the other. I personally like endurance for weird reasons, i think you should be prompted if you can say no to participating u dont show up in arenas.

2 Likes

Maybe my memory is serving me wrong but didn’t you literally just do an arena survey? As in yesterday ish?

And you’ve already processed the inputs AND implemented the suggestions in game?

Impressive… :blush:

21 Likes

@ForumAdmin @Andrea_Scopely @GR.Scopely @JB.Scopely @Shawn.Scopely @TayTron

Please. Where are you getting this feedback? The survey was only released this wkend with customers filling it out.

I’m trying to help you guys by encouraging customers to fill out the survey and give Scopely some pointers on how to use surveys etc, but it’s like it has fallen on death ears.

In addition in the Survey, there was no mention of what kind of prizes customers would want to have. If that was something that was being researched it should be covered in the survey. I’m lost for words. Please when will Scopely start doing things right?

Fix Trait Mania or remove it!
Red advantage over green in not shuffled. I understand mistakes can happen but not realizing this every time you update arenas is upsetting.

1 Like

enjoying??? ive not played it in 3 weeks… and am deranking coz of it its fucken boring…

3 Likes

I think the best change you could do is make the Champion’s Arena always Domination that way everyone gets more or less an equal chance. At least more equal than being 300k points behind 10th place.

This ^^^^^^…the point system isn’t fair by a long shot.

1 Like

Also arenas needs to give out gold acendance medals.

1 Like

This is why I hate wasting my time filling out surveys. 7 was nice imo, there were more domination modes and more chances for me to actually earn rings/champions tickets.

5 Likes