Unpopular opinion: 6 Stars was the worst thing Scopely ever did

I know this post will get a ton of hate, but like… Think about it.
What is worse? Sitting through 10 minutes of your team being constantly taunted, impaired, confused, maimed.
Or Priya killing your team in seconds if you came unprepared or you killing her in a second.
The game’s fights are a slog now, the fast paced action of fights are totally missing.
What’s worse, dying slow in misery or dying fast?

8 Likes

Someone was typing what I thought was a long comment but never finished it. Sad!

For me the 6 stars era was fair enough and I enjoyed a lot (yes for me is already dead). The 5 stars era was already boring and outdated. Introducing a new generation of fighters with better and interesting skills was a great move who gave a new life to the game. This new S Class generation are just some OP megazords with boring insta kill with one strike.

3 Likes

Mods are what killed it

3 Likes

This, Priya and the turn 1 AR teams were killing the game, I dont think we’ve hit that point with 6*'s but S class are here and its the same thing.
I’m sure its in Scopelys long term plans to ‘reset’ once in a while.
I’m not against that, just the way that it is implemented

3 Likes

Idk man, 6 stars just feel like a slog. With 5 stars they slowly released characters with faster APs, but with 6 stars everything feels so slow.

Lol did you ever remember 5* at the end? I knew more people who quit then than during 6* I was about to quit it was horrible, pryia everyone you couldn’t beat them. I’m glad it did a reset it needed it. Was the more unbalanced

1 Like

6stars were the inevitable consequence of turn 1 teams in 5star era. The problem started with the huge amount of free duct tapes and polishing kits that were given

Five star era had so many great things going for it. Tournaments had character rewards: faction tourneys gave away unique four stars (lol some were actually useful like that blue healer dude and Rabinder), war gave useful characters to 1-3, CRW gave toons to numerous ranks. F2p could create annoying defense teams with 3 Andrea, Katjaa shield, and a command. It was surprisingly effective sometimes lol.

Six star era gave everyone a more even playing field. That’s the biggest benefit from that era. It’ll be interesting to see how everyone deals with moving into the S-class era.

2 Likes

I just want to return to 44/45 AP somehow.

6 stars were great for me honestly,I was pretty weak during the 5 era. I didn’t have much 6*s at the start and no promos but my offence was great

Joey was useful all through the 5 star era, fast command, great adrenaline rush for a 4 star! Shame that basically no lower tier characters are viable anymore.

1 Like

What exactly is 44/45 ap going to do against payback? They don’t want fast raids. Six stars were at turn 1 or turn 2 for spenders. That’s why they came out with payback and S Class toons.

2 Likes

1* was the worst thing they did

1 Like

It’s end game.After evey1 upgrades and gets the best characters they will let the game rot and die or build characters with even higher stats.

False, letting their VP spill the beans about the “secret sauce” was the worst thing they ever did.

That we know of.

1 Like

S-Class was the worst thing*

1 Like

Not just that, but the S-class characters almost require huge amounts of real life cash to obtain. That puts them out of the reach of most of the players, but will make wars absolutely intolerable as lower factions are constantly matched against whale factions.

Not only will it mean no rewards or milestones from war events, but sheer frustration from waiting hours to get a team together to search for war, only to be pounded before you can even place a team in the towers.

1 Like

Worst thing ever did was continue adding content without fixing stability . To the point where everything in this game is broken now. Who cares about toons when trying to participate in anything crashes the game.

I agree wholeheartedly, that was the beginning of the end for this shite hole of a game.