TWD Issue #175 Spoilers

I have soured on the comics because they have gotten boring lately and I hated the conclusion to the Whisperer War and how Beta’s death was handled. But this latest issue introducing “The Commonwealth” community was probably the best issue I have read since #144. That ending with Michonne was fantastic. Anybody else read it yet or keep up with the comics still?

4 Likes

At First glance I though they would be a supremacy of “high class people” and would kill off a Lot of people. But they are Nice and Michonne’s Daughters are alive <3

They did say it was an older board, who knows if she’s alive, and there was only one name on the poster, so at least one is probably dead.

But with 50 k people, How they would die? Malaria? XD

Clementine could be there… It would be Nice to see this place the bigger safezone for our Lost and forgotten characters

2 Likes

In there sleep, murder, sickness, choked on a grape. All kinds of ways. Michonne isn’t one to get a happy ending.

1 Like

The comics could use some variety on how people die. We’ve seen walkers devour people, other people killing people, and Beta’s death was the only recent one and it was not that great. There should be disease and disasters, that would make things very interesting.

I do think that the ending to #175 was surprising, as reunions are rare to happen, especially when far away from the starting point of the whole comic series.

1 Like

Just read 175, and am pumped to see where this goes.

Regarding no recent deaths…we just lost two major characters. Seems like plenty to me. I just wish they’d release issues faster than once a month. The current pace is tough.

1 Like

I was crying happy tears!!! Michonne deserves this happiness! I hope it ends up great for her! I’m also now wondering if Clem could be there! This next TTG TWD season 4 is the last one, what are the odds they combine TTG and comics in this way (As Elodie was only mentioned by name in the video game) and the fact Clem is in the same area with this the being the last season? 50k strong, I want Clem and AJ there!

2 Likes

@Plagueis I am also quite salty about Beta to be honest. I wanted him named at the very least. Plus kind of anti-climactic?

2 Likes

I’d love to see Clem in there too, but if I’m not mistaken, Kirkman said there wouldn’t be any Telltale character crossover in a Letter Hacks a while back.

1 Like

He did, he also said FTWD and TWD wouldn’t crossover, or at least that it wouldn’t make ANY sense and that it would be many many many seasons away…one season ago. Let me dream!!! :frowning:
No, but really, I’m sad I won’t see my Clem again, the TV show would butcher her, but I think the comics would do her justice.
Also… isn’t this technically a crossover? In the comics she talks about her 2 daughters and ex husband but doesn’t name them. In her TTG series it does name them, ad he is using the TTG name? Does this count?

The comics and TTG are a shared universe. In season one Glenn, and parts of the Greene family (Hershel and Billy are the only ones I remember) show up fairly early.

3 Likes

Yeah but have we had any TTG go to the comics? Those are cases of comics coming to TTG.
I mean them showing up in comics first, whether its pre-comic story or not

Agreed. It was extremely underwhelming. More like they just wanted to end as it really didn’t have anywhere to go without alpha leading the pack.

3 Likes