TOS Update (conclusion: not required to disclose)

Effective Date: December 13, 2018 <— something has been changed.
https://scopely.com/tos/

Since there was a change and all users are expected to “read these Terms carefully before using or accessing our Services” can we get an update what was changed?
There was no announcement or signoff on change.
@JB.Scopely

Is it the arbitration process for US/Canada?
“exhausted the dispute resolution steps above and the dispute remains unresolved.”… “before a neutral arbitrator instead of a judge and jury”

2 Likes

interesting sidenote:

1. UPDATES TO OUR SERVICE

You understand that our Service is a developing and evolving one. Scopely may require that you accept updates to our Service. While Scopely will make all reasonable efforts to inform you of any such updates, you acknowledge and agree that Scopely may update our Service, with or without informing or otherwise notifying you. You may need to update third party software from time to time in order to receive our Service and/or play our games.

aka:

1. scopely will make a reasonable effort to update people on changes… but
  2. LOL, not really
9 Likes

Well good enough, cheers

Isn’t that profile pic from Dragon Maid? I love that anime.

1 Like

Weeb central.
giphy

Lol the pecks bounce.

1 Like

splits_punch__boy_version_by_dhim-d48frbn

This is just like they list the odds for pulls then at the bottom it says odds may change with number of pulls well that’s not listing all of the odds

one would assume the odds would improve… but remember what they say about making assumptions.

1 Like

Wouldnt it be hilarious if the odds got worse with every pull? Gotta love ambiguous wording. Funny how we just all assume it changes for our betterment.

2 Likes

It’s hard not to picture the rounds of high fives at that meeting… you know that idea-person got immortalized as a 6* shield toon. My guess is it was Ajax…

Ajax, employee of the month.

2 Likes

:rofl: So true but my money is on Dev. He looks smarmy enough to come up with an idea like this.

1 Like

A man rocking mini-man buns. not a good sign.

The active and AR would be also apt, particularly for this thread. (oh, i guess our one turn is over)

1 Like

I checked the previous version on the Wayback Machine (https://web.archive.org/web/20181212232430/https://scopely.com/tos/) and compared to the current version using Word. These were the changes:

Effective Date

“May 18, 2018”
changed to
“December 13, 2018”

FEES AND PURCHASE TERMS

“The sale or transfer of Virtual Items is prohibited except where expressly authorized in our Services.”
changed to
“Virtual Items have no real world value.”

“You acknowledge and agree that we are under no obligation to provide you with a refund for any items of value or otherwise (including Virtual Items) […]”
changed to
“You acknowledge and agree that we are under no obligation to provide you with a refund for any items (including Virtual Items) […]”

1 Like

Getting a refund through Apple is a pain anyways, I’ve only tried to get a refund from iTunes once and it was not worth the 2 hours just for $1.99. If I ever accidentally spent money, Scopely can keep it.

Naenae on the weebs, defeat them and secure that epic victory royale