Here are a couple of suggestions that Scopely could implement pretty easily, without any extensive testing. All of these are probably just database updates.
- At level 100, allow us to convert an additional workshop into an armory. No level 100 player needs 3 workshops. Every level 100 player could use an extra armory, since most worthwhile upgrades take more than a day.
- Schedule the “Ultimate Gear Map” (the one that has rare, elite rare and ultra rare gear) to run every week on Tuesday instead of the second day of the XP map. Figure out a way to get a 6* gear map that pops up every couple of weeks.
- Add an extra wheel in the recruits section that runs off Epic 5* Tokens that sells ONLY ascendable characters for 20k tokens (instead of 10k).
- Release all of the leaked ascendable characters (Rick, Eugene, Glenn, Governor, etc.) immediately. Give us some variety! So many teams look exactly alike right now. None of those leaked characters would be game breaking.
- Refresh the Supply Depot. Ideally, the slots should scale with player level – I literally have no use for a compass right now, and new players don’t get value from high end items. Give us more 5* to acquire, instead of just the eight or nine that are in there now. Ascendables would be welcome here.
- Change the daily mission rewards! Again, scale these by player level. Give a level 100 player access to tougher missions with higher rewards. Make us win 10 raids without losing a player, but give us a duct tape or a Lilith as a reward.
- Scavenger Missions need a complete refresh. Some missions are so ludicrously unbalanced in terms of time vs. rewards that I can’t imagine anyone ever does them. Who needs WOOD? I might send a team out for a day for 250k food, but I would never do that for wood, which I can’t get rid of fast enough these days. Make some missions that are genuinely difficult to accomplish but give you good new rewards.
- Reduce the cost of the Faction Assault. Aside from certain tournaments, it’s ridiculous to think that players can earn 1350 tickets per day. At a more reasonable expection, about 700 a day, it takes almost 12 days to earn enough for a Tier 5 boss. Given the rarity of the exclusive items like Tara’s Earrings, I once calculated it would be over two years for the average player to earn Tara. How reasonable is that for a mobile game? I understand you don’t want to just give her away, so I’d be okay if it was balanced to require 3-6 months of Faction Assault before the average (neither lucky nor unlucky) player got her, but 2.5 years? Who will still be playing then?