The real way they view players

Addiction is a complex condition, a brain disease that is manifested by compulsive substance use despite harmful consequence.

Compulsive gambling, also called gambling disorder, is the uncontrollable urge to keep gambling despite the toll it takes on your life. Gambling means that you’re willing to risk something you value in the hope of getting something of even greater value. (Pixels)

Gambling can stimulate the brain’s reward system much like drugs or alcohol can, leading to addiction. If you have a problem with compulsive gambling, you may continually chase bets that lead to losses, hide your behavior, deplete savings, accumulate debt, or even resort to theft or fraud to support your addiction.

Stockholm syndrome is a condition which causes hostages to develop a psychological alliance with their captors.

15 Likes

In before some Scopely fanboy doesn’t read this properly and puts sole blame on the players.

7 Likes

Awesome, I’ll go first.

You were gone for two weeks and you chose to come back here. You didn’t have to you chose it.

You’re probably right they do see the players as gamblers. And you’re also right but some people probably do have an issue with gambling. And I am going to say it’s a choice not forced. I know drugs are addictive so I chose not to do them and looks like I made the right choice. See how that works?

As for the Stockholm syndrome it’s almost silly that you keep bringing that up because nobody is forced into this game. If you feel like you’re forced into the game all you have to do is choose not to turn it on. Or you can choose to uninstall. Just like this guy that’s:Calling peoplefanboys Not everybody views themselves like you do. Some of us know we can think for ourselves and don’t fall into the gang mentality.

1 Like

What should Scopely be blamed for exactly when referencing gambling addiction?

You fall right into one of the conditions in my original post. Please get help.

I, like many enjoy the game. We hate that it is being destroyed by scopley and the people who support their greedy decisions. Scopley could strike a balance like other games do. However, they keep putting out more and more ridiculous offers, lower the odds of getting toons and increasing the gap between players.

5 Likes

You show support to these decisions by continuing to play Scopely’s game, so you can’t really talk about other people supporting them. Words mean nothing to Scopely, you need to act. But you can’t act since you’re addicted so the best you have are useless words falling on deaf ears.

1 Like

Point out exactly which condition I fall under? You seem to know me so well I’d like to see how much you do know and how much you’re talking out of your butt…

Damn should have put a bet on Sinned being the first one to post defending Scopely!

7 Likes

Big difference between defending and pointing out flaws in the story. Right? Are you addicted to the forums because you keep coming back maybe you should get some professional help.

The first step is admitting your issues, I cannot help you there if you cannot see it.

1 Like

Yep that’s right. You go Sinned!
P.s. You won’t get me extending and taking a relevant thread off topic with a pointless argument with you. I’ll admit, recently you seem to have been very good at baiting people to take threads that criticise Scopely off topic so they lose their message. I see you though.

5 Likes

that’s exactly what I thought you know nothing in your previous post was talking straight out of your butt…

You know what I’m addicted to making money making sure my family will have something when I’m gone. Seeing my kids smile making sure they have it better than I did growing up.Do you know what I’m not addicted to? A video game I play because I have fun and I haven’t spent more than $100 this year. So be careful what you say if you don’t know what you’re talking about.

So I take it you’re a professional tap dancer… Good game

You still don’t grasp how addiction works. Your thoughts and mindsets on it are bad and just wrong. Wen addicted, you lose that choice, as in your drug example. Addiction simply doesn’t work that way otherwise we wouldn’t have addiction. Anyhow, carry on.

2 Likes

Couple years ago I lost my step brother to addiction. I’ve spent a lot of time with my stepdad going to counseling to help him understand and cope with the loss. The main theme with the counselors talk about his choice. So I’m gonna go ahead and go with what they say about it.

Sorry to hear that. One thing I will say is that if it was drug related, I hope you felt you could criticise rather than defend those who dealt him the drugs.
I’ll leave it at that as I don’t want to be dragged into a muti post conversation.

So you’re telling me that every addiction is a choice and the solution is just “to not choose” the addiction? I guess you’ve solved the addiction mystery. Please notify all rehab clinics and physicians.

2 Likes

More like you have the choice once you realize you have the problem.

My stepbrother had everything he ever needed in the way of help with his addiction. He knew he had an addiction he went to the best addiction place in California to get help. And each time when he got out he chose the same people to hang out with and put that needle back in his arm. That’s not me saying it that’s my assertation from with the drug counselor told us.

So there is a point of contention. Are there some people that are addicted to the game absolutely that is not something that we disagree on. Does it become a choice absolutely 100%. We blame the drug for killing people winThe drug does not jump in your mouth or in your vein or on your credit card. At the same time I think we should eradicate drugs from the world but then again it would be something else that we would fine hurt ourselves with.

1 Like

You, yourself have/will/do choose a side. Just that the side you chose is very, very, very small and only comes here to complain about complaining every once and awhile, usually when a gate happens. You just happen to be more vocal and active than them. Everyone picks a side, a team, a gang, whatever side that may be, it is picked.

I criticize scopely and the community all the same, in fact the community gets very upset at me when i do call them out, people who have known me here on these forums for awhile can vouch for that. I dont cut the community slack as much as i dont cut scopely slack. I have picked a side, my side is with gamers/gaming, i just want games to be fun, fair, etc. Whether i have to fight the company or the community to do so, i will.

I agree with this post a lot but addiction isnt as easy as saying no, tho, yes hanging out with those people who can get you the drug or whatever is a big no, no! I deal with addiction, its what got me locked up when i was 12, i have been clean for years and years, my drug was pills, i dont go around, talk to, etc certain people cause i will fall into again, i dont know gambling addiction as i dont have that but with the pills i was psychically dependent on them also, withdrawl was hell with puking and feeling like my skin was being ripped off. I do admit tho, the addict has to take responsibility tho but addiction is a real mother f’er.

1 Like