As we know, Scopely went back on their promise that six stars would never be found in the premier section. Now we are seeing very real problems with this decision.
I had a feeling this would happen, so I hopped onto the new Region Jeff Davis to investigate.
Sure enough, the top players in less than a week were ALREADY sporting premier 6*s that they had pulled straight from premiers. The top player already has an S2 rated team!
So lets get this straight:
Free to Play
- Must pull an ascendance character through some miracle out of the token wheels.
- Must level up their 5* character, which they cannot send to tier 4 until they are strong enough to complete the (more and more rare) gear maps.
- Must, by some miracle, obtain enough ascendance medals to ascend their miracle pull character, as Scopely refuses to offer them anywhere but SR and top prizes in tournies (good luck placing high in level ups without any 6* access)
- Must somehow acquire 8 five stars that they are willing to THROW AWAY early in their region. Five stars are valuable to a free to play new player! How will they do it?
- During this 2-4 month period of endless slaving, the free to play player will be frustrated by continuously losing raids and wars to players who have purchased the six stars straight off the bat. --> Massive amounts of players will likely feel like they should just quit while they can
Pay to Play
- Throws 100 bucks into premiers
-No medals, fodder, effort necessary. They literally buy the win in every event : Wars, Level Ups, SR. They are good to go!
To make it even more clear: Most players are still at rating of B to A at this point. Meanwhile players that have spent money and pulled a 6* are at S2!!!
And they talk about how the prizes were making it too beneficial to be a top player!