Technical question (kindle fire install)

My mate has a 4th gen kindle fire hd 7 2012 (without storage expansion/sd slot)

However when trying to install the game from amazon store, it installs, however when it gets to the downloading additional data screen it stops at 0mb/0mb and gives the following error

“download paused because the external storage is unavailable kindle fire”

There’s I still not external storage as the kindle doesn’t have a slot.

He has 4gb free internal memory,

Already tried clearing cache, installing apk side load, reboot, clearing additionally space.

N.B I Belive his tablet the fire Os is based on 4.0 (ICS)

Any ideas?

@CombatDevIl

Any ideas on this or is this another department?

This is an issue with the kindle only recognizing amazon apps. Twd/RTS is unavailable to me in the amazon store, the only solution I have found is to “root” your kindle- you can find instructables online.Rooting your kindle will allow the installation of the play store, giving you the ability to download twd/RTS.
Hope this helps. cheers

Or “side load” I did the half-assed rooting on my old Fire phone and the game worked fine.

Unfortunately the fire phone is trash and I had to get rid of it because the battery would get extremely hot and drain constantly during war.

@Mr_Death Can you confirm what version of the Fire OS the Tablet is running? Also is this the Kindle Fire HD (2012) or the Kindle Fire HD 7 (2014).

The Fire Phone is the bane of my existence.

2 Likes

Hi it’s is the 2012 (D025 model) apparently system version 7.5.1

I can’t finish downloading it because my Kindle Fire HD doesn’t have an SD card slot either.