Tapjoy spamming me

I have received no less than 10 emails from tapjoy today. All declining the exact same old case from months ago.

Bad enough that they refused to payout. I refuse to do any more ads with them. But know I have to be reminded about this every few minutes when another email arrives. @kalishane.

Poor customer service from tapjoy.

1 Like

Same here whats going on? Tapjoy is a terrible company…

It’s happening to me too. So annoyed by it lol

Same to me…

First they say: congratulations you are rewarded…

Since yesterday I got several emails with: sorry we can’t reward you

Both for the same offer( final fantasy 100k power)

The 100k power offer paid out for me.
Did you do it within a 2 week timeframe?

Yes I do… I reached the 100k in one week…
For 2 days I got the message:congratulations we awarded you for final fantasy, but I don’t got the coins…

Yesterday they wrote me that they can’t rewarded me for this but why?
I got no answer from tapjoy all I got is spam… 15 emails in the last hour… All the same: we’re sorry we can’t rewarded you…

But why I got the first message with: congratulations? I have Screenshots from both mails…

Send it to Kali.
She might help

I hope so… Have wrote her an mail with the Screenshots…

I got some too. About 5 each for 2 offers an hour or 2 apart on each message.
Both cases were several months old and had already been resolved.

The absolute worst part is when reading them on the mobile Gmail app there’s 2 buttons on the bottom of one of them: “Thank you for your response” and “Yes, I accept”. There was another one that’s since been overwritten (I think the spam function neutered them) with the options “Thank you for your response” and “Thank you for your offers”. Quoting from memory, probably not exact. Point is there were 2 options, both thanking Tapjoy w/ no appeal option. So no, not thank you. Screw you!

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.