Survival Road needs an overhaul

The first and most glaring problem with any iteration of survival road is the energy system. 8pts @ 15m regen is basically idiocy. Absolutely none of us want to play this game at a minimum of every 2hrs at any given time, yet this current system FORCES us to, completely against our will. If we do not, then we either have to open our wallets (we won’t) or accept a lower score that was out of our control.

Solutions are numerous, simple, easily implemented fixes. Update scavenge missions to payout survival refills, or put SR cans in the supply depot rotation just like raid/world energy. Or modify the energy gauge itself to have a maximum of 20 energy at the very minimum, which would allow 5 hours of being away from the game.

Next, 125 stages is asinine. It’s not even 125, actually more like 200/250+ if you factor in the numerous 2/3 wave stages. Solution for this is to either REMOVE bronze & silver categories as absolutely NOBODY enjoys playing those or has any issue completing them. The only players those stages would challenge are unable to play SR anyway due to player level requirements locking them out. Either remove bronze/silver or make all stages max of 2 waves (for walker + human stages) instead of 3, as it’s just tedious at that point.

These are the most major issues that need to be dealt with. Other minor annoyances would be to adjust the reflect damage to something like 10% or max 20% on stages that have you deal with that challenge, as nobody wants to make a team out of their 1* fodder to complete a stage. They’d much rather use their preferred characters so they can build a stock of loaded AR charges for later challenges. If I get screwed over by a reflect attack from killing a walker (which is dumb af, btw… how is a walker going to inflict that dmg? Did my bullet ricochet perfectly off of it’s dental implants and hit me in the eye?) and lose a 5* or 6* character I am NOT going to use a drug kit. They are just going to stay dead. So trying to squeeze cash out of that sneaky gameplay element is a failed effort.

Anyone else in agreement or wanting to add something, please do so. Let’s make sure this gets “taken to the derp team” please.

@kalishane @Dash

For these early reflect stages I do make a team out of fodder toons, and none of them die. It has zero effect upon charging my AR for later stages because I don’t use AR at all in these early ones. Everyone’s AR gets charged up in time for the tougher stages anyway so, for me, this is of no concern.

Lmao dash doesn’t care… Doesn’t even look at the forums.

I bring guardian zeke, zero issues.

They don’t play it. You want it too easy.

SR is actually my favorite event.

“yet this current system FORCES us to, completely against our will. If we do not, then we either have to open our wallets (we won’t) or accept a lower score that was out of our control.”

This argument is a tad over the top lol, nobody is FORCING you against your will to play a game. You have the option to sit out a tourny if you don’t like it. If I don’t have the resources for a certain tournament, I just sit out that tournament and save for faction so then you have enough resources. Daily SR and previous bronze tourny awards allow enough kits or cans to complete even sleeping a full 8 hours and having a job. I came in first before just by saving cans and tokens.

“Solutions are numerous, simple, easily implemented fixes. Update scavenge missions to payout survival refills, or put SR cans in the supply depot rotation just like raid/world energy.”

This is a fantastic idea!! Especially supply depot! I’ve often thought it would be great to put SR cans and Territory cans in there. Or even possibly in war, 1st place war can, 2nd place raid, 3rd SR, 4th world can, or something similar to that. We definatly could use other avenues to get those cans.

“Either remove bronze/silver or make all stages max of 2 waves (for walker + human stages) instead of 3, as it’s just tedious at that point.”

Removing bronze and silver wouldn’t be fair to new players, I often help folks on my channel build teams bevause they haven’t quite got the hang of it yet and struggle past these. Not everyone is a seasoned player with loads of 5 and 6 stars. Lowering waves, just seems lazy to me. Tournamemts arent suppose to be easy and require little to no effort.

“If I get screwed over by a reflect attack from killing a walker (which is dumb af, btw… how is a walker going to inflict that dmg? Did my bullet ricochet perfectly off of it’s dental implants and hit me in the eye?) and lose a 5* or 6* character I am NOT going to use a drug kit. They are just going to stay dead. So trying to squeeze cash out of that sneaky gameplay element is a failed effort.”

Squeeze cash?? Huge stretch there. That seems like a team build issue on your part not any sneaky game play. Reflect zombies have always been there and are clearly labeled before you start the stage so just take the time to take in the right people, revive or gaurdian and then you won’t have that problem.

Also I get wanting change on something but is calling the people that will end up having to help you a “derp team” going to help you in the long run?

I love Survival Road because it keeps me busy and it’s not boring to me compared to other events. Sure it can be a chore to complete on time with no refills, but I would rather keep it how it is.

Sr is the only event that’s even remotely entertaining at this point … if they change anything on it this ga,e will be completely pointless and I’m sure lots will quit …don’t fk with sr

I’ve thought about them adding anther level after legendary as well! With 6 stars I’ve found things have gotten easier, More of a challenge would be cool.

Sr is one of the tournaments that most of the players can compete in even if they aren’t a top player or faction. Each stage would require 3 cans If u did it all at once which is nothing. Most sr events give a free can that’s saved for when they go hard. And sr offers being 5-8$ for a enough cans to do the entire road is the only and best reasonable offer u don’t don’t have to play every 2 hours to complete it. Even while doing stages time is ticking aND u can go do a few other things and come back and do more. The only way u need to literally play every 2 hours is if u are trying to place 1st and not use and cans and that in fact is your choice but i complete it every time and any sr event that runs more than 2 days is easy to complete. It normally has good milestones. And it’s your choice if u want to use 6* to do the whole thing. I think reflect damage is ludicrous as I had 4* being wiped out on the second stage so I agree there. But if u want more of a challenge then challenge yourself and bring in toons u don’t typically use. I do think it can be a tedious with all the waves but raiding and leveling is tedious as well and so is war now with lack of diversity. My suggestion is for any faction event that you are to busy to do your best is to ask the lead to find a temp replacement and drop for the event.

Not quite. The thing about SR tourneys is that if you miss the start or can’t continually log on during every waking hour, you can forget aiming for the milestones, let alone placing high. With a raid tourney, I often just use natural energy or sit out raiding entirely during the first day, because I know day two I can just go on a 2 hour blitz and hit the 4200 milestone (with refills I’ve acquired for free). Raid tourneys can be played at one’s own pace for the most part, SR tourneys can not.
Even if I had a ton of SR refills, no way is it possible to blitz 125 stages in 2 hours. Not saying it should be either, but it’s definitely a much bigger timesink than any other tournament, and I include war in that.

Other games do this all the time, not quite the way you’re describing though. For players above a certain level, bronze, silver and most of gold can just be autofilled and breezed through. Completing them is nothing but an exercise in time-wasting. So what other games do is offer an auto-complete option for older players (provided they 3* completed these modes already) and give them more challenging latter ones. Whereas new players can still play through the early stages as they’re the only ones they’d be able to do anyway.
One of the many massive, glaring oversights in this game is the lack of content scaling based on player level/roster strength. There’s a lazy, one size fits all approach that flat out doesn’t work. But sadly that’s what we have.

Sorry to break it to you but to Scopely, the word “overhaul” is as blacklisted as spendingstrike and gitgud.
When a mode drops, that’s as polished as it’s ever going to be, so get used to it.
Regarding your refill suggestion, here’s a post I made back during the feedback thread following the very first SR tourney - https://forum.scopely.com/showthread.php?16924-Tournament-Road-Feedback&p=149719&viewfull=1#post149719 - My, how things have changed. lol.

SR is probably one of the better tourneys. Not only do you get prizes for each stage (bronze, silver, etc) you get much needed xp since finishing SR gives you 10k. Even with lower ones. No need for changes. If anything change prizes. Didn’t one SR road give a Javier? Bring something like that back

I think completing each region should reset your energy and give a SR can.

Let us get rid of Materials please!!!

Sorry, but it’s the only thing I’d really add about Sr :stuck_out_tongue::see_no_evil:

This was before 6 stars, when the rewards were 8k(ish?) Prestige tokens, and some other items. Characters tokens?? I can’t fully remember, but here is the screenshot. It’s somewhere in my channel. I believe I used about 14 cans I saved hundreds of tokens, I still have tons of gold tokens left(current screenshot). We have them go into the millions but not everytime. I’m in Screven. I’m in the top faction, we are a mix of f2p, and big spenders, personally I just buy the 30 day pass. There are a few people that will spend or just hang back to help others, even our #1 won’t just snipe events because he can. I know other regions are different. I think the average for our #1 in SR is 600k/700k

We need a trash bin for those lololol

Running low on weapon crafting parts from crafting all this useless junk lol. :disappointed: