Skull Token Exploit

Greetings Survivors!

There was an exploit with the Soldier of Fortune event that allowed players easily gain skull tokens in a manner that was outside the original design.

While we were addressing this issue, we temporarily increased the skull token redemption cost to 1000 tokens. Today, we will be removing excess tokens obtained from this exploit and then returning the skull token cost to 1.

We appreciate your patience.

28 Likes

Lol. Slick move

Waiting in anticipation

1. Tokens addressed.

2. Coins, unclear.

3. Spent coins, unclear.

22 Likes

This is offensive… just like your company.

10 Likes

How did this even happen wasnt it the terrorities?

Lol dummies… the “excess” tokens? There probably aren’t many of those since you could trade them in for coins! Not sure how many ppl got a bunch and said… “hmmmm… maybe I’ll wait to pull and hope they don’t fix it.”

7 Likes

It does indeed say tokens

2 Likes

So is this a rollback?

1 Like

let the mayhem ensue…

3 Likes

24 Likes

So it is considered an exploit? Let the blood bath begin, swing the mighty ToS b_n hammer!!!

4 Likes

This sucks.

Opportunists my ass

8 Likes

Lazy coding= exploit

22 Likes

I think the biggest opportunist is scopely. Always trying to make money from us! How bout we roll you back lol

24 Likes

Why if you spent those excess tokens?? Does your token count go into negative??
I’m happy with that😀

2 Likes

Pretty sure we all knew what we are doing.

Glad to be categorized as something other than a survivor for once

16 Likes

Yea. What kind of post is this?!? This is what they waited all day for?

Just wondering since this has been going on for probably right after the start are you going after those people also or only the ones who figured it out in the last 24hrs? I’m just wondering how this process is going to work out. Are early adapter’s going to be free and clear? Are you guys even capable of rolling back a week?
Just seems shady to go after only those who didn’t do it sooner.

This post asked days ago why you let it be this way.

4 Likes

We knew they weren’t going to compensate anyone so the only other option was the rollback. Even if they did compensate players how much should they give. It would be hard to place a number on it. I am just glad my faction can now cash in our tokens.

This is not meant as offensive but… I thought that Beta regions were put forth to help ‘weed out’ certain “exploits” -I think loopholes is the better word, but going by your term- and I feel that something like dealing in/with coins that this sort of loophole could be readily seen before releasing the event to the public? I do not blame players for trying to take advantage of what a game has to offer even if that means looking for loopholes. It means they are ‘getting the most for their game’. I do not feel that they should be punished, and no I was not able to deal in the Skull Token coin bananza and yes it does feel unfair but I do not blame the players for it I blame it not being really ready for release

5 Likes