Shiva "Winter Edition" 5 star rush vs 6 star rush seem like they should be swapped (5 star rush is better)

Hello, first post so I apologize if this is in the wrong location.

I came across this today, and it had me scratching my head

Looking at the 5 star and six-star winter shivas here : 5★ / 6★ - "Winter Edition" Lineup [New Characters]

I find that Crippling Claws (6 star rush)
and Lacerating Swipes (5 star rush) are exactly the same except that

The 5 star rush is faster (less ap required)
and the 5 star rush grants more bonus hp (100% vs 50%)

I don’t understand why the 5 star rush is more powerful, I think they should be swapped,

The 6 star rush should be better then the 5 star rush

Thanks,

Matt

The 6 star itself is already better than the 5 star. The 5 star is pretty much useless so why not make it more powerful so it has more use?

Just seems like the 6 star should have the better rush, if they need to balance the 5 star out some other way they should

Maybe they could leave the 5 star one as is, and increase the 6 star rush to either same level HP bonus, or higher hp bonus, or add something else that makes the rush equal or better to the 5 star rush

1 Like

This. Back in early 6 stars, scopely balances out new 6 stars by making their rushes not only slower, but very slightly weaker than their five star counterparts. They’ve reversed this with their newer toons. But keep in mind, early 6 stars, which encompasses pretty much everything up until Dante, save for Erika, was intended to be somewhat balanced. Nowadays, balance has gone back out the window in exchange for profit, because scopely apparently didn’t learn from the 5 stars that this isn’t a viable strategy for creating a game that’ll survive in the long-term.

11 Likes

So do you think there is any hope they would see this and address it in some way?
Either make all 6s overpowered or all balanced?

Not even sure if character updates or patches occur in this game.

In my particular case, I admit the motive is somewhat selfish, I pulled the 6-star Shiva with yellow mittens and am disappointed to find it has a weaker rush overall

Chances are nothing will happen, but the squeaky wheel gets the grease they say…
I’m just glad I didn’t max a 5 star and then ascend it, cause then I would be really ticked off

So do you think there is any hope they would see this and address it in some way?
Either make all 6s overpowered or all balanced?

Not even sure if character updates or patches occur in this game.

In my particular case, I admit the motive is somewhat selfish, I pulled the 6-star Shiva with yellow mittens and am disappointed to find it has a weaker rush overall

Chances are nothing will happen, but the squeaky wheel gets the grease they say…
I’m just glad I didn’t max a 5 star and then ascend it, cause then I would be really ticked off

They never patch toons unless it’s a bug, like blue double attack Michonne, or to nerf a freemium toon, like wanderer. The rts community tends to flip out over the slightest efforts to balance the game if it at all devalues their roster, even though regular balance patches are a common and essential part of game development. You’ll note that for every freemium player who recognizes that blue holly is ridiculously overpowered, there’s a premium player who wants her to stay that way so they can take advantage of that toon being op to squash everybody else in battle. To scopely, it’s the paying players whose voices matter more. That’s one of scopely’s biggest flaws, in my opinion. Though they could give their game more longevity and make it enjoyable, they choose to cater to whatever gets them the most short term profit instead.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.