Season 3 Characters maxing cost

Baseball Caps being sold for 2.5k league token in store with stock of 6,
Letterman jackets being sold for 5k league token in store with stock of 4,

question is how many of them we need to max, as a T1 5star usual gear needed no caps or jackets as a 5 star i assume. We also need to consider if the stocks are not sufficient there is a wait time (or coins) needed for resupply.

edit: no caps of jackets needed for 5star versions just leveled nik to T3 and checked gear requirements are same with other 5stars.

edit2: T3 requirements: 3 Jackets (15k tokens) and 8 caps (20k) compared to an usual toon 6xTrait gear(14,4k) and watch (9.6k) and radio (9.6k) its 35k vs 33,6k not to mention you get other gear from tournaments etc. and you can decide to level other toons in your pace with shared gear pool.

T4 requirements: 9 Jackets (45k tokens) and 8 caps (20k) compared to an usual toon 6xTrait gear(14,4k) 6xTrait gear(36k) and gps (18.6k) and canteen (18.6k) its 65k vs 87,6k not to mention you get other gear from tournaments etc. and you can decide to level other toons in your pace with shared gear pool…

considering you ll need a total of 12 jackets and 16 caps it is 3 week wait time aswell and a total of 100k tokens.

8 Likes

4 Likes

3 jackets and 8 caps to t3, 9 jackets and 8 caps to t4…so 100k tokens to max one :confused:

6 Likes

gonna edit op then with actual numbers :slight_smile:

Darn, I’m sitting at 92k

Lmao so not worth it :joy::joy::joy:
Just ridiculous as usual from Scipley

9 Likes

op updated to reflect some numbers so we can see the it clearer.

way too cheap, it should cost at least 200k tokens to max one @JB.Scopely cause we’re swimming in those tokens right?we dont spend them on anything else… like gear.??

17 Likes

Pathetic.

First, they took out coins from league, starving f2p players one of their means of getting coins.

Now, these ‘special’ gears needed to upgrade the tier toons are just a rehash of FA Tara that takes forever to upgrade.

Players mostly rely on league to get their gears (and mods) and now they have to spend a huge ass amount on these silly gears, as if they aren’t already deprived of other 6* gears.

Still bent on the “competition is stale” excuse @JB.Scopely? :wink:

13 Likes

Another unwanted and unnecessary change, that leaves the players in a worse spot than before.

Congratz Scibbibely. You know how to please customers.

16 Likes

nice lmao

Should be 100k token, not 110k. Slightly better, but still pathetic.

Still loving these new toons, @anyone?

WyGTAgG6rzVrW

5 Likes

One more reason to not buy these new characters

3 Likes

Take this :fu:t2: to the team please @JB.Scopely . Thanks

21 Likes

Calculations are a bit off on main post.

Normal Gear Requirements
T2 -> T3 costs 37.2K currently, 6x 600 + 6x 2.4K + 2x 9600
T3 -> T4 costs 87.6K currently, 6x 2.4k + 6x 6K + 2x 18.6K
T2 -> T4 Total is: 124.8K, using normal gear

New Gear Requirements
T2 -> T3 costs 35K now, 3x 5000 + 8x 2500
T3 -> T4 costs 65K now, 9x 5000 + 8x 2500
T2 -> T4 Total is: 100K, using new gear

Total is 124.8K vs 100K, so cheaper now.

Main differences are however you are forced to buy the gear from the League Store to tier up these characters where as the normal gear system you only had to if needed. Can also effectively take weeks to acquire the gear via normal resets and seeing as it doesn’t start to run a cool down until everything is bought basically means more potential time to wait.

24 Likes

TSpEmC1LUC6xW

6 Likes

Using normal gear was better even though its scarce most of the time. Smh.

1 Like

@docmatix and @Lockdown thanks for the input i updated the original post about my miscalculations. I am keeping farmable gear outside in t2->t3 though since you can get those from gear roadmap.

1 Like

You mean from Scopely… In assuming people would pay for that garbage?

3 Likes