Scopely support at its finest... Wow, just wow

It has been well known by @kalishane and others at Scopely and in these forums that I have tried to help fight in game abuse. Having messages in gc by people saying they will kill my wife and raping my underage daughter and such. Well I got a message straight from customer support that disgusted me. They are threatening to ban my account when I don’t even say things 1/4 as bad as said people both in gc and here on the forums. Like I told support clearly the people flagging me must be the ones saying those awful things. I don’t understand how I try to keep things friendly and positive and get threatened by Scopely themselves.

4 Likes

I recommend dont talk in global chat anymore, the flag system is flawed and will result in you getting banned lol.

Harsh system

3 Likes

I even told support flat out are you even reading what was reported. How can I possibly even recruit new members in global if I even say something to them and it gets reported. Really messed up that I try to keep things fun and clean, to only get this slap in the face.

4 Likes

Worse can happen. I’ve heard worse. This is just a game. You can always come back. Even hack if you want to get back at Scopely.

3 Likes

Scopely got a lot of heat for not banning offensive players in global chat, so they made a quick counting system that counts flags and doesnt actually look at whats getting reported.

Its a quick inefficient fix to a real problem.

4 Likes

Honestly if I get banned I will just outright quit the game, no I am not a whale just someone who has bought the monthly pass the last four months and so has my wife. If I get banned trust me she already said she would quit the game too. So that’s losing out on money 2x.

It’s a sad bandaid to the situation. One faction could all decide to report someone even if it wasn’t offensive just to take out the competition. And after thinking about it, that’s probably what’s happening to me right now.

Right. This is the first anyones spoken of this banning message, so its recent. Better watch out this CRW :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

You’re missing the point completely, if you can’t even talk in gc to recruit without getting reported it really has nothing to do with trolls or engaging with them.

2 Likes

First time I’m seeing a message like this. This will be horribly exploited by trolls and even enemy factions. Mark my words scopely if this is gonna be a thing and you don’t handle it fairly you’re gonna lose a lot of players.

5 Likes

I imagine a moment where everyone’s flagging everyone and everyone’s getting banned.

And in the end, Scopely learns nothing and keeps it rolling.

2 Likes

Look at all my posts on the forums, have I ever went at someone and abused them? No, I have respect for players in my regions and here on the forums, I’ll admit I’ll play around with some outside of the factions I’m in, but never in a abusive manner because I consider them friends. What’s being done now is people straight up abusing the system now set in place.

I have never once went at a person that hasn’t talked trash on me. Don’t believe me go to the garbage pit known as Chattahoochee. My other region which is newer Chilton is alot more civil and haven’t event seen anything near what’s said in chatta

This is the first time I have seen a message directly from in-game support for clicking the report button. I get people that gang up on me daily when I try to be kind and peaceful in global chat, so I just quit trying and I blocked them and don’t even talk much in there, but if I were to get a message like that from support I would challenge it and asked them if they have reviewed other certain individuals.

2 Likes

You probably live in a cool region. People have been reporting each other for fun. Now that they know it will provoke a response from scopley it is indeed going to be abused.

3 Likes

I even have a pm straight from @kalishane saying they were forming a abuse team known as the Scopeleans based off my screenshots. And to see I get a message from Scopely like that threatening to ban my account really?

1 Like

Well trust me gc can get quit heated. Just the other day I got into a fight with an individual and his whole faction came into gc and kept trolling me. If they had known that reporting me would have gotten me a flag message they would have reported me to death. And what’s one guy gonna do against 30 members of a faction reporting you because you had a fight with one guy? Eh problematic

1 Like

Exactly my point, pretty much banning the competition with no reason at all.

I feel this came from the frequent messages about abusiveness on global chat here on forum. Classic scopely, let’s do something about it, but not put in too much thought or effort.

1 Like

Funny thing is I haven’t talked in gc once in the last 24hrs. Good way to chase paying players away.