Your use of the forum is subject to Scopely’s Terms of Service, including restrictions on offensive or objectionable conduct. Where Scopely determines there has been a violation of its terms, Scopely may take action in accordance with those terms, including but not limited to post deletion, account suspension or banishment, and/or limited access to the Service.
Please treat this discussion forum with the same respect you would a public park. We, too, are a shared community resource — a place to share skills, knowledge and interests through ongoing conversation.
Use these guidelines to keep this a clean, well-lighted place for civilized public discourse.
Help us make this a great place for discussion by always working to improve the discussion in some way, however small. If you are not sure your post adds to the conversation, think over what you want to say and try again later.
The topics discussed here matter to us, and we want you to act as if they matter to you, too. Be respectful of the topics and the people discussing them, even if you disagree with some of what is being said.
One way to improve the discussion is by discovering ones that are already happening. Please spend some time browsing the topics here before replying or starting your own, and you’ll have a better chance of meeting others who share your interests.
Goodbye threads and posts that are unconstructive, such as “This game is dying” do not count towards improving forum discussion and will be removed. Feel free to take that discussion elsewhere within the community.
You may wish to respond to something by disagreeing with it. That’s fine. But, remember to criticize ideas, not people. Please no:
- Name-calling or harassment.
- Ad hominem attacks.
- Responding to a post’s tone instead of its actual content.
- Knee-jerk contradiction.
- Instead, provide reasoned counter-arguments that improve the conversation.
- Remember, this is not a debate club. This is a friendly discussion community. Allow people to have their opinions.
- Bullying others and abusing the flag system will result in a ban after the first warning.
The conversations we have here set the tone for everyone. Help us influence the future of this community by choosing to engage in discussions that make this forum an interesting place to be — and avoiding those that do not.
Use the forum tools to improve your own experience, and everyone else’s, too.
In order to keep track of users, and make sure that people are not using loopholes to avoid disciplinary action when behavior does not meet our requirements, we do not allow users to have multiple accounts (sometimes called alts or alt accounts). Alt accounts will be deleted and IPs will be banned.
Let’s try to leave our park better than we found it.
Moderators have special authority; they are responsible for this forum. But so are you. With your help, moderators can be community facilitators, not just janitors or police. Always feel free to reach out to us.
When you see bad behavior, don’t reply. It encourages the bad behavior by acknowledging it, consumes your energy, and wastes everyone’s time. Just flag it. If enough flags accrue, action may be taken, either automatically or by moderator intervention.
In order to maintain our community, moderators and admin reserve the right to remove any content and any user account at any time in accordance with our terms. Moderators do not preview new posts in any way; the moderators and site operators take no responsibility for any content posted by the community.
Discussion (or inquiries) of flagging, moving, closing, or removed threads, comments, or accounts in the public forum is prohibited. Discussion about any moderation will be removed and you will be warned. If you have a question about a post of yours that is flagged or deleted please refer to the ToS to see why it might have been removed or flagged.
Abuse of the flag system will result in one warning. Further abuse will result in a week suspension. Let’s use the tools that are available for good rather than evil.
If you still have questions please PM the moderators. Bringing it up during the course of conversation will result in that post immediately being removed and a formal warning will be issued to your account. Further infractions regarding this policy can result in action up to, and including, suspension or banning from these forums.
Nothing sabotages a healthy conversation like rudeness:
- Be civil. Don’t post anything that a reasonable person would consider offensive, abusive, or hate speech.
- Keep it clean. Don’t post anything obscene or sexually explicit.
- No offensive player, forum, or faction names.
- Any attempts to rally other players to take action against the company will not be tolerated.
- No harassment, bullying, or stalking of other community members is tolerated.
- Respect each other. Don’t harass or cause grief to anyone, impersonate people, defame, libel, or expose their private information.
- Avoid inflammatory subjects. If it is believed that the end result of a discussion will be political or religious it will be removed.
- Respect our forum. Don’t post spam or otherwise vandalize the forum.
- If we reasonably believe that you have been actively engaging in these activities, we may take action in accordance with our terms. If you’re unsure whether your post is problematic, ask yourself how you would feel if your post was featured on the front page of the New York Times.
If you’ve been caught or accused of a wrongdoing, please don’t be irrational. If we revoke privileges, we do so to preserve the positive atmosphere of the forums consistent with our terms, not as a personal vendetta.
This is a public forum, and search engines index these discussions. Keep the language, links, and images safe.
Make the effort to put things in the right place, so that we can spend more time discussing and less cleaning up. So:
- Don’t start a topic in the wrong category.
- Don’t cross-post the same thing in multiple topics.
- Don’t post no-content replies. (this includes “bump”)
- Don’t divert a topic by changing it midstream.
- Don’t sign your posts — every post has your profile information attached to it.
Rather than posting “+1” or “Agreed”, use the Like button. Rather than taking an existing topic in a radically different direction, use Reply as a Linked Topic.
- Cheating of any kind is prohibited.
- We do not allow you to transfer, sell, or buy accounts for any reason.
- Do not exploit game bugs or glitches. Please report to our support team!
- Do not use third-party systems to hack games.
- Do not encourage other players to cheat in games.
If you find any cheaters or hackers, please report them to our support team.
You may not post anything that belongs to someone else without permission. You may not post descriptions of, links to, or methods for stealing someone’s intellectual property (software, video, audio, images), or engage in or encourage the breaking of any laws.
The guidelines and rules listed above explain what behavior is expected of you and what behavior you can expect from other community members.
Note that the guidelines are not exhaustive, and may not address all manner of offensive behavior. As such, the forum moderators and administrators shall have full discretion to address any behavior that they feel is inappropriate. Your access to these forums is a “privilege,” and not a “right.” Scopely reserves the right to suspend your access to these forums at any time for reasons that include, but are not necessarily limited to, your failure to abide by these guidelines.
Questions Regarding Banned Accounts
If at any time you are curious why your account was suspended or banned, please email us here >> firstname.lastname@example.org. *Please note: if you had multiple accounts, we won’t be able to look up what causeed this so please, do not use duplicate accounts. Email before you break the guidelines.
If you are banned or suspended and create an alternate account – that account will be banned and indefinitely.
Yes, legalese is boring, but we must protect ourselves – and by extension, you and your data – against unfriendly folks. We have a Terms of Service describing your (and our) behavior and rights related to content, privacy, and laws. To use this service, you must agree to abide by our TOS.
DISCLAIMER: Scopely is not responsible for any messages, links, information or other content appearing on this forum, and has not endorsed such content or verified its accuracy, usefulness, or completeness. Scopely is not liable for any loss or damage, including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, arising from the use of this forum. We reserve the right to remove any comments or posts determined to be in violation of our Terms, or to block anyone determined to be using the Services in violation of our Terms. This forum is not monitored 24/7.