Retiring players unhappy why?

Dear Community i hope you’re all well , i’ve played this game since the very beginning i loved it
but to me just recently with all the stuff ups a lot of good players who have become friends seem to
be leaving not just one or two but heaps.
Is it all about money ? I’ve seen so many players complain that Scopley don’t refund their money or give them
enough compensation when things go wrong .
Yet we have a great community manager in J.B Scopley who does seem to try his best along with
Lady geeks and others i’ve come to know off.
i hope this game gets upto scratch again because at the moment since the transfer debacle i’ve seen good
people tired of being ripped off. Surely something can be done ! i love this game i’m passionate about it
that’s why i’m concerned . Thank You :blush:

This game is 3yo and still charges way too much for RNG crates at old toons. Weapons and so forth.
It is the most frustrating game ever to build up a good inventory. …ect …

J.B is the Worst!
He is too worried about his line and discord groups to update the forums.
And scopley customer service is the worst.
Just a few reasons why I may leave

Have you tried joining one of the line or discord groups if his efforts here are unsatisfactory? He’s making the effort to be avaliable on multiple platforms, which is commendable.

He isnt even in line groups anymore.

He’s in at least one i’m in still :man_shrugging:

Left most major groups atleast, so he isnt invested in them anymore

People are leaving because they are bored with doing the same three events over and over and over and over and over and over…

And did anyone mention the rewards stink. They are usually for a couple of necessary items out of dozens required just so we can do the same three events over and over and over and over and over…

My bad. Let me take care of that.

Over and over. Over and over. Over and over. Over and Over.Over and over. Over and over. Over and over. Over and Over.Over and over. Over and over. Over and over. Over and Over.Over and over. Over and over. Over and over. Over and Over.Over and over. Over and over. Over and over. Over and Over.Over and over. Over and over. Over and over. Over and Over.Over and over. Over and over. Over and over. Over and Over.Over and over. Over and over. Over and over. Over and Over.Over and over. Over and over. Over and over. Over and Over.Over and over. Over and over. Over and over. :scream:

Think you missed over and over and over but close enough :wink::joy:

The suggestions for improving the game are a mountain high… but the changes that get implemented are 90% to make the game more profitable, not enjoyable.

The gap between F2P and P2P has never been larger.
—F2P prestige toons are punching bags (HP+ def AR) vs
– P2P toons that have OP attack / revive / etc

Why is a game like Fortnite the most popular game out there, mostly because no player gets an advantage and strategy / skill determines the winner; not who spends the most or who is on the top team with spenders.

hell, look at the design of the game, if you cant win, hit the spend button (war towers, cake/candle events, survival road?!) Professional sports leagues put in caps or outlawed above performance enhancements to make games balanced. How is Lance Armstrong remembered for all his success?

eastwood

twd

I’m sure endless level up’s are the reason why most people retire. I know they definitely make me unhappy.

very true ! love your comment true to the core !

I think a glaring reason that most people skip over is that most games aren’t designed or at least able to maintain its player base over multiple years.

After 3 years, it isn’t unusual if veterans quit because they find this game boring. The market is saturated with so many new games, that it is inevitable for players to try something new.

Even Fortnite, which is one of the biggest games right now, has been slowly losing my attention. So I take a break, got 2 months of Game Pass for $2, and I am playing Doom and Rise of the Tomb Raider now. When I get bored of those 2 games, I’ll switch back to Fortnite or trying something else. Me being bored is not any indication that the game is bad, but some things just hold my interest more so than others.

Perfect. Think you have it bang on there :sunglasses::ok_hand: :joy:

That meme is amusing and dead on, part of the reason I quit was burnout - I remember when I started playing you had a faction event at the weekend and a midweek solo. That was perfect. The constant events just grind you down, particularly the endless level-ups. Then there is also the 23 hour SRs that you can’t complete without cans (and SR used to be my favourite game mode, I started hating it). It’s all very well saying "you don’t have to participate, but most gamers are competitive by nature, Scopely knows we will compete, then starves resources so doing so requires spending. Leagues just make that worse, take an event off, possibly end up relegated, no bloody thank you. This is a game, not my life or a job.

As for the “great” community manager, I refer you to the thread about the Wanderer and Pam nerfs, that’s some of the poorest communication I have seen to try and manage a salty player base, not only that, but Wanderer is STILL GOD DAMNED BROKEN. Shields still block his rush. I don’t know if Pam has been fixed, that crapshow was the last straw for me. If keeping on surviving means dealing with Scopely, I’m all for laying down and getting eaten by zombies, there’s more fun in being a zombie than playing this game now.

Truer words have never been spoken. Great post.

Miss these days. They do cram one event after the other because they know there are people who will go all out and probably spend on every single event. I’m with you. I sit out most of this garbage and just save my efforts for the faction events. I don’t need any more 3,4 and 5-star trainers and farmable gear. Thanks but no thanks.

100% Truth. It feels like a job except it expects us to pay it.

When I feel like quitting, it’s because this game feels like an elaborate dice game (not to be confused with table top rpg’s, more like craps) with Walking Dead skins painted over it. When you realize how much of the game is dominated by RNG, it really loses it’s luster.

What i hate the most is that this game is basically played with your wallet, yeah there are ftp events but it take weeks or months sometimes and all you get is a ok character.

Lets say i have done those boring level ups or raid tournaments and im bored so i want to have fun and improve, what is my only option? Pour direct money for the thrill of hopefully getting something interesting (wich usually never happens)

What i trying to say is that there should be more interesting ways to get characters or coins, not just open up your wallet or watch publicity, it might seem normal now but thats actually insane and actually not fun at all

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.