Rant about rants

Please people if you’re going to rant follow a few general points so not to alienate decent people:

1. Have a point worth making
  2. Check it hasn’t been made before, especially not a 100 times before (seriously why are there so many leagues rants coming up - yep update was a pile of :poop::poop::poop: BUT everyone knows about it. If you have some new perspective or some good suggestions please post, but don’t insult us all by not bothering to read other posts)
  3. Don’t be rude, abusive, etc - just not needed
  4. Keep it a brief as possible (:roll_eyes::smirk:) - this is not a college essay that you have to hit a word count
  5. Please be funny or at least have some humour…

Why was the zombie afraid to post a reply?
He had lost his guts.

2 Likes

Oh look! A self-aware rant about a rant creating more rants that they swore to destroy with their rant!

12 Likes

@LadyGeek, can we get this pinned, please?

But seriously, one of the problems with rants is, that ppl need to vent, where searching for previous rant instances gets in the way of reducing your anger levels fast. Also, the fact that all threads close after 2 days of inactivity is not helping much…

4 Likes

i mean some of the rants that get posted are pretty dumb tbh

1 Like

One thing that helps when you get too verbose is the fancy “Hide details” code under the gear icon.

2 Likes

Just view them for what they are. A way to provide you with unintentional hilarity and have a good snigger.

2 Likes

Completely agree the act of ranting is part of the cathartic process (hence doing so myself), so not meaning to stop people expressing their views and getting the relief… Just please remember the other side and make it worth reading. I come to the forums to either find info or kill some time between actions and recently wished I hadn’t even opened some threads :pensive:

Edit: ps blame @TheSteve for his “lost braincells” reply on another thread inspiring me :laughing:

1 Like

I lose brain cells over here like I lose my headphones…

sad kek

1 Like

l36kU80xPf0ojG0Erg

1 Like

Some of the best from the best:

Enjoy

1 Like

if you are going to post about rants about rant about rant
check if they have posted about this rant of a rant

2 Likes

Noted :hugs: and guilty as charged

1 Like

Brilliant :joy:

2 Likes

Agreed. The jacked potato was solid, but I had trouble breathing through the luggage and toothbrush… That man is the Emperor of Rant :laughing:

3 Likes

I’d also recommend David Mitchell rants, much drier but same vein of comedy and just as good as Rhod Gilbert.

1 Like

LINE_P20180822_103353550

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.