QQ now that telltale is going under

Fair enough.
Indeed, better graphics wouldn’t kill them.

As it happens I got Michonne during the summer sale, and I will be playing just as soon as I finish Darkest Dungeon, have heard that it’s sub-par though.

Personally I felt that GoT did a fine job it capturing the constant moral ambiguity and sense of “damned if you do, damned if you don’t” of the TV show/book.

Plus the whole choices really matter was all bullshit as they were rushed to make the games so no matter what you do someone dies or this and that

Not necessarily… They have great hits, while others simply do not attract interest.

IMO, what hurts them is their price point and how their games can easily be experienced via Youtube videos. Each episode is sold for about $5? The amount of time and effort they put into it requires a lot of sales to make profit, I’d imagine. Since their games also aren’t gameplay heavy, anyone can just go on Youtube and watch the series to get the story. This is far different from other games where gameplay becomes a core enjoyment of the product.

1 Like

Telltale got the bad ending lol

6 Likes

So I heard that they’re ending the season on episode 2 and not working on 3 and 4. Has this been confirmed or denied?

They cut corners and greed overtook them.
Spitting out as many games as possible in little time.

Expanded way too fast after Walking Dead.

Greeeeeddddd
Bet the owners don’t care and still took money away like what would happen if Scopley went the same way.

I enjoyed all there story’s pretty much.
But would never buy them when launched as you would have to wait a month or 2 for next episode.

Most wanted to binge play through them all.
Which hurt Telltale…people lost interest.

1 Like

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Wrong season but okay.

DAMMIT BRB :joy:

Why would scopely die? They make millions off whales and the game costs almost nothing to run. By the time rts dies off they’ll go with a new brand.

2 Likes

How so? Explain

I briefly skimmed all 4 articles, and the closest thing that I read that could be interpreted as “RTS shutting down being a financially beneficial choice” is that RTS loses some profit due royalties. Arguably, being an external IP is one of the reason why it has even gained interest in many players. So one could say the royalties paid is made up from its known popularity.

But it still doesn’t definitely say that shutting down RTS would be financially beneficial.

I’m not talking about them picking another brand. I’m talking about the part where you said it’s financially beneficial for them to shut down RTS. Many companies pick up other brands to diversify; it isn’t uncommon. And yes, RTS might not generate as much revenue sooner or later, but as of right now, there’s no evidence that suggests them shutting down RTS would be financially beneficial.

1 Like

Basically a good amount of 6*s are telltale am I right ? Yes

No more Telltale Seasons/Episodes = No more new telltale toons for rts

So by far now scopley has to count on the comics to get new characters to add into game

So now that we got that out of the way and telltale is gone We expect the ascendables list to finish faster because Scopley doesn’t have to rush to make any new telltale character

1 Like

Only about less than 10 6*s are Telltale… way off from being the majority.

Some don’t even have the telltale print even though some are

I’m not arguing with that concept because it’s a pretty common business practice. But again, in the four articles you linked, they even state that RTS is within Scopely’s top 2 products. There’s no mention on how profitable they are on RTS, or that RTS is currently going through the skeleton crew phase.

Your argument is correct in the sense that sooner or later, the plug will be pulled on RTS, but none of the evidence you linked supports that.

1 Like

I know, I counted about 8 only.

Can we get a rip for the characters that would have been introduced in episodes 3 and 4 for the Final Season?

If you bought the season pass you won’t get the other 2 episodes of what you already payed for telltale are gone so ask yourself is that new 5/6 star toon worth £100 when scopley could go the same way tomorrow (with this game) and all you’ll have is your screen shots of it…