Poll closed. Please Close This Thread. thanks!

• Tower Ghosting is a good thing for the game and helps us gain refills. If you’re going to change things around in RTS you should focus on other elements of gameplay.
  • Tower Ghosting is a cheap exploit and should be banned ASAP. It deserves priority over other game issues and is a big reason why the game is in trouble.

0 voters

Let’s try and get to the bottom of this once and for all, as I’ve always believed that the strategy commonly referred to as tower ghosting is something that shouldn’t be tampered with. There are about a hundred other important things that need to be addressed before a strategy that actually helps us gain free war refills.

3 Likes

I’ve seen ppl tower ghost and tbh it’s not really a good strategy when trying to win a war. It really is only useful when your facing a faction you know your gonna beat and ya wanna farm some cans so I really don’t get why so many ppl hate it

7 Likes

I noticed a step towards solving this feature has been taken this war, and that is that towers were made very powerful and almost exactly the same amount of power, in previous wars there was always one tower that was noticeably less powerful.

Another step to make would be to rebalance teams or the AI so that battles would be harder, but a step in that direction is being taken with the combat mods to be released, the thing is that they have to work as intended.

Exactly my point all along. It’s something that gets completely overblown by players (and factions) that are using it as a scapegoat for losing. Tower ghosting is something that actually requires teamwork and coordination; things that should be even more prevalent in this game … not less.

4 Likes

Ghosting is for the weaker factions who can’t hold a tower. As soon as the timer is up, take the tower and stack, the weak faction can’t get it back.

No one’s tower team is that strong. It’s a waste of attacks. I pick a tower and ghost it the entire way. I don’t care who I’m up against. Drop 4 to 6 hits, hit the tower, and repeat. Bonus cans and they can’t take it by clearing out defenders. It’s not hard to pay attention to the timer.

Last match I juggled all 3 for our team. Easy.

2 Likes

Where’s the option, “it’s a fair strategy that both teams can use to advantage or disadvantage.”

7 Likes

I considered other options, but I thought it was important to determine whether or not we, as a collective forum community, felt tower’s should be left alone or changed immediately.

See, I respect the players that choose not to utilize it, as I respect those that do. But as far as I’m comcerned, it’s the least of Scopely’s problems lol.

3 Likes

I’m in a podium fac and we ghost

1 Like

I don’t really like how the poll was worded.My 2 cents get rid of it but let us have other way to gain refills

I can appreciate that, and thank you for your vote.

The problem with what you want is that it relies on Scopely giving us alternative ways to get refills. There’s no way we can guarantee that. And given their history, we shouldn’t be remotely optimistic. We know that thousands of players use ghosting as a way to get some extra refills … that’s reality.

1 Like

Rofl cans are nerfed like crazy and u guys want to nerf ghostin too. Must be Scopely employees voting in this poll

1 Like

The game isn’t in trouble by ghosting, there’s other things in the game that make it terrible. The thing is some people don’t got the best internet and it could take 0.5 of a second or 1 second to make the difference on who takes the tower. My tower taking team is fast, but sometimes the screen buffers instantly and sometimes it takes a bit more which gets irritating when you think you’re going to grab it, but someone just loaded quicker into walkers and grabbed it. Not only that, but I get how people want to farm refills since they rarely drop, but these towers give a lot of power to ending games quickly which is what sucks. Yeah, we could just lay down, but the only reason we’re laying down is because ghosting factions usually have the upper hand. So are we just supposed to be afraid of challenging them? In our CRW, 3 ghosting factions are at top 6. One of them aren’t even that good at all, but they are very quick on getting all 3 towers. Heck, I scored 30k without towers and only coined twice and beat them. Why do matches gotta go longer simply because of a feature that solely relies on time?

1 Like

People who think ghosting should be fixed must think that it’s really game-breaking. This game has way too many features that need to be fixed instead. This isn’t priority - if it even needs a fix in the first place.

3 Likes

Add a third choice: don’t care.

3 Likes

To be honest, I severely hardly ever ghost myself and I don’t see a lot of people ghost as well. But that doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be fixed. Besides, the factions in this CRW are somewhere between rather tough and doable.

Only thing that scopley has to do is make it cost energy to take towers again and it will put an end to all of this.

4 Likes

Hope not because I never need them to win, I’m cheap, and there goes a great way to get free cans.

2 Likes

I dont need them to hit but alot of the people we face do. Why make it easier for your opponent to score.