#PlayersUnited: Communicating is an Art and a Science

Does #PlayersUnited have an opinion on the controversy? But of course. This is our statement regarding this week’s latest problem:

Dear Scopely, we all know this last week has not been a bright one in the history of the game. It could have been avoided, but we want to look ahead and ask you - what now?

As can be seen, your response to our concerns regarding the article was not well recieved. It would ultimately be a waste of time to discuss what-ifs. It would not be a worthwhile venture to debate, one-sidedly, what is the truth and what isn’t. You have made your statement, we acknowledge it. What matters now is what happens next. The bottom line is this: trust needs to be rebuilt.

We will not ask players to stop nor start seeking reparations for this, that is at their own discretion. What PlayersUnited wants is to invite you to an open and honest conversation. We still want the game to continue. We still want it to be successful. We still want it to be fun. We still want it to be balanced. We are not giving up on our goals. We want a solution.

As per your reponse, if odds are not the issue, if the interview is not the issue, then the problem - and there still remains one - is an unfortunate factor that we have warned for a long time. Scopely’s handling of communication was not, and is not, sufficient. In the days between the publishing of the article and the official response, mass refunds were made, fury was unleashed and questions were asked. Scopely did nothing to alleviate the situation in time. We believe this issue pushes to the forefront the importance of one of our original wishes, and one of your promises - greater communication. This is the branching key to a greater game and happier playerbase, and customer. This is how trust will be rebuilt.

Greater communication would be achieved as thus:

• The publishing of the promise roadmap | While we understand some promises have already been completed; a timeline for the remaining, and a general timeframe of how regularly we can expect content refreshes would be appreciated. This is greater communication.

• An improvement to forum Q&A | Many questions are asked and very few are answered. The forum is not always the primary platform to recieve information. While we welcome multiple avenues, the forum should be the primary platform for you to communicate with us. If you do not have an answer, we value honesty, say so. The acknowledgment of a player’s concern will always be more appreciated than silence. This is greater communication.

• Greater engagement regarding feedback | We understand decisions are not made via public vote. But the forums are rich with suggestions on how to improve the game, and by no better people than the players of the game themselves. Through action, acknowledging these concerns would elevate trust. This is greater communication.

• Player’s Council transparency | - We hear from the councillors. We would like to hear from Scopely. What is being suggested? What will you take on board? What will you not take on board? Why? Justification of these decisions leads to greater player-developer understanding. This is greater communication.

Silence breeds suspicion. Suspicion breeds hostility. Hostility breeds volatility. What you consider a mere confusion can turn into a very costly controversy. We do not want this either. Communication creates a trustworthy, open and honest atmosphere. All these factors are needed for Scopely to regain trust. This was present long before the article and its response. This week only served to highlight how important this problem needs to be addressed.

We do not want lip service or empty promises. We want to see bold strides taken in communicating with your players more. We want the forums to be a hub of player-developer engagement. Most importantly, we want to enjoy this game. Everyone reading, the old, the new, the retired and the surviving, wants a better game. With greater communication, better help, input and engagement can be achieved - by both sides.

You know where PlayersUnited’s wishes are, and you know where your promises are. Communication is central to it all. This week was a low point, now we want to see sincere action taken to rebuild that trust.

Over to you Scopely

#PlayersUnited

A collective voice of the majority of your playerbase

80 Likes

:hugs: agreed.

#PlayersUnited
#CommunicationIsArt
#BridgetheGap

12 Likes

@GR.Scopely @JB.Scopely @Scopely.

:blue_heart::purple_heart::green_heart:
#PlayersUnited
#StayStrong
#FixYourGame
#BridgeTheGap

9 Likes

#playersunited
#wearestillhere

7 Likes

100% this. Trust needs to be rebuild and that starts with open and honest communication.:clap::clap::clap:

7 Likes

Not giving up yet Scopely.

#PlayersUnited
#StayStrong
#FixYourGame
#BridgeTheGap

6 Likes

#PlayersUnited
#StayStrong
#FixYourGame
#BridgeTheGap

5 Likes

I love and support the #playersunited movement and what we’re all trying to accomplish but I’m honestly not sure if this game can be salvaged. Just speaking the truth here. I’ve been a part of several groups/movements to help improve this game but at every instance, scopley stops communicating and listening to our feedback. If they want to save this game, scopley has to take some drastic measures on how they treat their players.

#fixyourgame

19 Likes

For starters, they can stop referring to us as inanimate objects (buckets).

8 Likes

Completely agree. PC should not be the end all for communication. There are plenty of questions and suggestions asked here daily.

11 Likes

very well done here and i wish that venture beat would publish this for a follow up article

12 Likes

Nothing they can do or say will earn my trust back. I’m sure many feel the same way. Mine was broken even before this latest debacle

11 Likes

We may never get the changes that this game so desperately needs, and probably won’t… but I enjoy this game too much, and the people I’ve met I can’t and won’t give it up.
Ill continue to not spend and grind for what I need. And not expect much from Scopely, with just a small bit of hope they might make some good changes… but just a small bit, so to not get too disappointed lol

13 Likes

And that’s perfectly valid. But that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t try. It is their potential revenue after all. An about-turn in their practices will recieve the appreciation it deserves from many too.

8 Likes

I really do hope things turn around for u guys and gals that still care about the game

9 Likes

Well said my boy

3 Likes

My trust is completely gone, it was hanging on by a thread before the article and the insult of a “clarification” that was offered, that finished it. I hope Scopes can pull an about turn for the good people I’ve met, and not met, still playing, but it gave me the push I needed to stop caring and stop playing.

8 Likes

Very well put. I hope it survives the mass post culling in operation at the moment

4 Likes

I couldn’t have said anything better here.
#playersunited

3 Likes

Trust is gone. Fun is gone. And love for the game is gone.

I still fully support the player base and hope that the game can be saved for those that still find joy in it.
#playersunited
#fixyourgoddamgame
#kickthebucket
#scopleyopportunist

3 Likes