Onslaught fails to impress

Anyone actually like this event? I think checking my phone every 20 minutes just to whack a few s12s for 2 days is pretty much agony.

Ideas for making onslaught less of a slog?

3 Likes

Make it 24 hours instead of 48

7 Likes

At least if the rewards were deeper it might feel better. Feels like a slow plod raid event.

3 Likes

Yeah definitely my least favourite event. Extremely boring tbh.

1 Like

It’s not as bad as hordes

5 Likes

The rewards aren’t bad with the missions, as for making it less tiresome perhaps give more hits, extend it to an hour and give everyone 3 lives.

Plus what league are you in everyone is s12

They should switch up the bonus to something else for a change. Or give us trait mania style trait reconfigurations. Or something… tower style bonuses

2 Likes

They’re all equally dull. SR. Hordes. Yawnslaught. All far to long and repetitive. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

When I was in a gold league or Platinum league fac, I used to love onslaught, the fun was trying to win with the no rush bonus. Now we are in Diamond III the battle is just trying to win at all, the no rush thing is out the window for me, which just turns the event into a less rewarding raid marathon.
images5

An idea I had - for higher leagues anyway, was trait locking the def teams, they could alternate form onslaught to onslaught. One time it could be red def only then blue, yellow, green.

It would add some variety to def builds at the very least, I saw one def that had a Sec Gau lead - I attacked it purely to just have something different to look at for a change.

7 Likes

I really want a can system implemented. I don’t like that the members of my crew that have to work or take care of family are unable to really contribute due to the rolling match system. Cans would give them a chance to make extra hits when they are playing, and it would allow those that are consistent to have a bigger impact so everyone can benefit from the milestones.

5 Likes

Forgot to list the war? Or you actually like the “need to be glued to phone” event?

I’m with @Vitalogy - loved Onslaught before, but in D3 it’s too grindy… As @Moog suggested, spicing this up with different bonuses (and nerfing the no rush to be just 1k-2k max, not 10k) could make Onslaught great again…

The can system could be also a step in the right direction…

1 Like

The rewards are around half of what they used to be. People legitimately complained that War didn’t get anywhere near the level of Onslaught rewards, instead of increasing War rewards significantly, they instead just reduced Onslaught rewards.

Edit: Whilst Onslaught has lost it’s spark, same with Hordes… Both are infinitely better than SR. Only advantage SR has over them is that you get survivors (but lets be honest, Bo doesnt even touch the sides of levelling Sclass so I think a lot of the playerbase are overrating survivors in the current times).

2 Likes

Agree with almost everything but I don’t think anyone is overrating survivors. They’re still necessary. Even though Scopely have given out a decent amount of trainers lately, we’ve also got a good amount of cards and toons as well so it’s still nowhere near enough.

So what alternative is there but to keep farming survivors and training 2*s? Until they update the training grounds anything else is too expensive.

Very fair point. There is really no other avenue. But Id rather be pushing for more trainers than more survivors.

2 Likes

Yes, the push would make sense… but you have to make do with what you’ve got in the meantime - and all them Bos have a positive impact on SLUTs (since I use them to prime up toons for FLUs) - I tend to use only the 2*-4* trainers on all 5* and T1/T2 6* - while for S-class I am using YGLs and the regular trainers from lvl80 onwards.

Relying on regular trainers only I could not afford to level up anybody besides the S-class / trade…

Absolutely I feel the same pain of having to rely on Bos. But its because we are still in a 4-5star economy. The complaints about survivors being reduced are completely valid but they don’t dig deep enough to the root cause - the game economy being utterly out of wack with the times the game is in. We need more focus on upgrading the game economy (train burts instead of Bos for example) and the survivor issue will be far less impactful.
We asked for the ability to train trainers for ages, instead of letting us do this, they just changed 2 stars into ‘trainers’ and pretended they had listened whilst not really changing anything. They are like a genie - we need to be utterly specific… Let us train Burts and Bradys.

1 Like

Well, to whistle your own tune… all that Scopely has to do is revamp training grounds to train Burts and Bradys, eh? Ok, will be done shortly, right after we nerf Burts to 500 XP and Brady to 750 XP. Problem solved… Next time make a genie-foolproof wish

Joking aside, I don’t necessarily feel that the economy is “totally” out of whack. I hit 5M in FLUs, 1.4M to 2.1M in all SLUTs, never buy any trainers… Food threatened to become a problem, but the gear markers and generous 1M food bags compensated for this risk…

The only resource I see going down is the shirts/gloves and they always went down this way - haven’t bought the 70 coin boxes in two months and still got 600 of each, so it’s also not that dramatic.

Yes, a certain enhancement of the economy is needed, but not as drastic as replacing Bos with Burts, IMHO

I would like to see every war have the same kind of milestone rewards that onslaught has. War rewards are really weak between those utterly trash spoils of war crates and the low number of war tokens.

To bring this back to the subject of onslaught, someone mentioned the glued to your phone nature of war. Sure, but if you want to put up some numbers and you only have an hour, you can up and keep grinding. The coin cost for a single onslaught energy is laughable.

1 Like

We said that before - so they halved the Onslaught Milestones rather than increasing the War ones. If we keep saying that again they will just halve Onslaught rewards again rather than touching the War milestones.

But you could do that in the 4 and 5 star days without dedicating a huge portion of your free time to grinding a mobile game (or paying). Not the case now. To make 10M total Lvlup points every week without buying trainers means you are definitely grinding like crazy.

1 Like