New Survival Road suggestions

Any suggestions or anything else as to slight tweaks to make it enjoyable, but not so easy it’s boring. In other words, a middle ground between what it was before, and what the new changes have made it.

The toon power and crit resist walkers have added a huge change to the difficulty level and many are struggling. With it being a new change, there are always things that could be adjusted to make it enjoyable again!

You can still use the old tactic of filtering out the herd with 1* toons against these monster walkers (like the Taunt ones with Crit resist). Obviously the 1* won’t do anything against the monster walkers, but it can thin out the normal ones allowing you to bring in a team of heavies to whittle down those with Crit resist.

Camoflauge is also king again - Gator FTW

1 Like

Use a crit and atk leader (Abe, Connor, Dwight, red Rick, etc) a heavy hitter and a def down to kill the crit resisters. A toon with crit bonus ar and a camo if you can

1 Like

Tried that vs taunt walkers and you get a grand total of 7 hits. I’m killing about 2 walkers per attempt. So boring

1 Like

You want exciting?

Run five 5* Mirabelle and oggle her pixelated cleavage as they too are crushed by this ridiculous Taunt monster.

Best I can suggest

3 Likes

This makes me happy that I haven’t completed daily sr for about 2 years… :tada::rofl::rofl::tada:

2 Likes

Entire roster’s buggered on Stage 1. Really enjoyed playing the first 4 walkers of this new and updated mode. 10/10

2 Likes

I’ll chime in. The new SR is a cluster f. Saw new shields Lee and Magna, which I have both, ascended em thinking I would finally be able to try out shield revive. Knowing that meta is pretty dead and am about a year late, but some of those set ups still give me trouble. Then I see that they both take SR gear, which the cost has been raised 300%. Can’t even t2 one of them with all the markers I have been saving, even if the gear was available without refresh. 400k for a platinum mod that may or may not upgrade to be better than a bronze mod. Add to that the anti-progression tuning of the new SR and you have an extremely disappointing situation.

I usually try to come up with positive suggestions and not just complain, but I really can’t see anything good about this situation.

1 Like

Ever since they increased the top level you could get years ago I’ve been doing 2 level just so I could drop a level after 7 days. I’m glad I’ve been doing that.

2 Likes

All walkers should be able to be head stir killed should never be 100% resilient maybe only 75% or something like that

1 Like

Crit is already RNG, you don’t need multiple cogs of it working

1 Like

I run trainers with crit weapons and kill off every walker I can, ignoring the special ones. But like you said, at a certain point you get maybe 1 or 2 available walkers to hit other than the special walkers. At that point I run attack teams trying for high damage or maiming but end up blowing through most of my roster to do it. It’s even worse when there are 2 or 3 waves, pretty much expect to lose most of your toons or give up. That parts is not fun at all. But I don’t mind the rest of the changes too much. Just those damn crit resist walkers, especially the taunt ones. Those need to change.

Better at having a chance than nothing at all

Considering critical hit chance is not a direct percentage, critical resist should not be a percentage either. Like critical hit it should be a on curve with diminishing returns the higher the Crit(or crit resist). So Crit resist should block lost critical hits but it should allow the occasional one to slip through.

3 Likes

I’m doing that but on the Stage 1 I just did, I could kill 6/27 walkers, then the only ones which would show in the first 2 turns (where I have control) would be taunt walkers. So my only choice was to kamizake 6* against them. All in all this took 15 minutes for 1 out of 10 stages.

I don’t see the average player sitting down to do this every day.

1 Like

Absolutely not. It’s basically quit at that point. They really need to do a bit of tinkering with that. It’s not even testing your depth and strength of roster at that point. It’s just needless.

1 Like

If taunt is the problem send a bleed or burn team in

1 Like

Yup, looks like going to have to start doing that again.

Once again, players are forced to find a workaround that has nothing to do with skills, or play style. Just like dropping defense for raids or Super Factions taking one on the chin and dropping d when they get matched up against a rank 196 faction during war.

More and more, the remaining players are forced to play in spite of the developers.

2 Likes
  1. New walkers are way to OP and make using crit leaders/weapons redundant. Boss walkers pre-update were perfectly fine and already challenging
  2. The 6 star teams I’ve run into are impossible to beat and should be removed. If you want 6 stars enemies then make them all Tier 1 Level 1 with no AR/AS upgrades and make sure they aren’t benefiting from a leader skill.
  3. Normal human enemies have been boosted too much and are taking out my strongest toons (EX: James) in one or two turns.
  4. Had no problems woth how SR was before, was quite possibly the only thing I thought Scopely was doing right. Only complaint pre-update was that we needed to be rewarded more markers.
  5. Basically revert it back to pre-update SR with post update rewards.
2 Likes

I just let my phone fight for me. I had 3 reds left against Doc Stevens. I had Mirabelle, Herschel and Wanderer when I got down to Doc. My phone auto attacked him for 20 minutes before I finally said “F THIS” and fled. There is no reason to have this in game. It is absolutely ridiculous that every hit I put on Doc, he healed himself completely at the start of the next turn. I had a stun gun on all 3 of my reds, and they never stunned him once. Even when Mira popped her AR, he would heal all the damage that I was able to inflict at the beginning of the next turn. Scopely, you have outdone yourself this time. I ascended Lee only to find that it will cost me damn near every marker I have saved up (About 300k) just to max him out. This is pathetic. Retirement is looking better and better with every update you put out. Good Job Scopes!