New player. Geriatric problems. Love @ 0.2%

Henlo :slight_smile:

Just joined the forums to post this. Thanks for having me.

As a fairly new player (Been playing for almost a month now) starting to lose my interest in this game cause other active players are too far ahead and I can’t possibly play competitively at this current pace. Crashes and glitches aside, no love or incentives to get me going whatsoever, even the roadmap levels are mostly super hard/nightmare enough for my current teams with limited world energy. Taking forever to level up. I have so far one ascended character, fast/yellow Sandy, keeping the boat barely afloat. Please tell me what’s the point of leveling up 4s and 5 non ascendable characters with my limited resources, in a game that’s dominated by third generation legendary S characters with insane weapons mods sorcery “omg what was that” meanwhile I’m dabbling with 1* updates in armory. At least gimme the weakest legendaries to get going? And some sub-par 4* weapons? Then I’ll probably be willing to spend. This doesn’t make sense. Any love at all for new and active players?

Thanks in advance.
PS: Complaints aside, love this game, the raid mechanism is sick and intriguing.

14 Likes

Keep surviving!

6 Likes

Unfortunately you have to invest alot of time if you want to make any progress. This is what everyone had to go through. But if it makes you feel better in some way, it will get “easier” when being in an active faction as well as if you have reached higher personal levels, finished more world maps. I for my part would not start to play this game at this point since it is no longer F2P friendly. My suggestion is, just dälete it if the game feels already shitty. Probably the best you can do.

13 Likes

I wouldn’t say everybody had to go through that.

When we started out 3-4 years ago, the playing field was more even. We could hold up with a mix of 4* and 5* against full 5* teams to some degree.

Now if you start on a fresh region and people run around with 3* and 4* teams, maybe some 5* sparkled in between, all it takes is some lucky 6* pull to destroy the balance in the whole region.

This problem is caused by the greed of Scopely and their lack of foresight. When they started dropping ascended 6* in Promo wheels, this was exactly what I predicted was going to happen.

The tiers of toons aren’t balanced. Before the stat boost of gen1 6* you could still have impact with full 5* team, heck I even had 4* command Zeke in my main attack at that time.

That balance is completely down the drain. Having to chew through the 4* and 5* and early 6* stage against these promos is absolutely overkill and won’t keep new folks playing honestly. The problem is, that there is no middle ground anymore.

10 Likes

The current meta of the game is absolutely terrible for new players. I’m here for over a year and I was “lucky” to started in a meta when was “easy” to evolve and conquer good toons from league store, war wheel with useful toons, gear, etc. It’s bad because the game structure (raid and all the RPG stuff) and all the TWD background is amazing but everything is now ruined.

2 Likes

for me as a 99.99% free to play i am barely surviving in this curremt meta…back when this game started that its so fun but now you have to pay for that fun…you said you played 1 montg on this game why not stop playing because you are wasting your time playing that you know you cant catch up on this meta…find a new game… :blush:

3 Likes

Thanks for the replies and making me consider leaving the game if not expecting less than scraps. I posted the same thing in support but think their responses are automated or typical worthless copy pasta. Lol IMG_20190814_210853|289x500

Hope I wasn’t too harsh/mean. Sorry scopely’s support bot. :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you are new go to fresh region going to go region would be a nightmare. I hear they are still opening them regularly.

1 Like

Quit before you’re just another addict like the rest of us

6 Likes

You got a 6* far more quickly than I did. When I started about a year ago, it took my about 8 months to get a 6*. That was demoralising.

If you like to measure progress, you can see how much better you get at survival road and the same roadmaps and raiding rep increasing.

Find an active faction that takes active players at all levels with players who know what they are doing and can help you.

2 Likes

New region sounds like a good idea. Thanks. The region I’m in, is kinda dead with coupla whale factions. The faction I’m in is full, with only 4 active players including me. I’ve indeed became strong in last week and could win against S5-S6+ teams with 2-3 alive. But I guess wanting more only leads one to spend quite aberrantly, considering the odds, hitting 1000% manic depression rate with 20% chance. Some of you even seem traumatized. Hugs.

1 Like

They’re actual people, likely based in SE Asia.
Protip, their only authority is dictated by scopely managers (JB/GRs bosses)…

1 Like

Gotta spend to even have a small chance to compete. And even then you are at a disadvantage until you get a stock of good mods and the armory researched and leveled enough to start crafting weapons, which takes a long time. Good luck if you decide you keep playing but best advice is to look for another game that is more friendly to new players

2 Likes

This game ain’t about strategy or dedicate or anything like that , it’s all about your wallet .

3 Likes

Definitely get yourself into a new region if you can. Starting in an established region is just painful for a new player. You will struggle to compete.
The game needs new fresh meat, I mean players so please stick it out!

2 Likes

Hi,
I’ve been playing since the beginning of July and agree with other posters, you have to put a lot of time in to get anywhere.
I really like it, though it is addictive. Lol
I’m checking 4/5 times a day at least.

I also agree about getting an active faction, it makes a huge diff. The tokens for weapons from territories will help with character strength.
Oh and be sure to take part in Wars; I got an ascended 6* character after one of our wins. He’s made a big diff in my game.

Hope you stick & have fun!

3 Likes

Does HeatherLee sound like a scopely employee to anyone else? Just putting it out there… :joy:

3 Likes

On top of that, most players were at about the same level. Someone starting the game now is dealing with people who have spent years leveling up, obtaining the current best cards, mods and weapons. Even among veterans there is a huge gap, but just imagine being a new start…

3 Likes

It is what it is… it’s an employee name trying to be English.
Far bigger issue is their lack of capabilities

1 Like

Thanks for the replies. Good points. Btw the severe Walker glitch in roadmap and SR tournament and more crashes, after the recent update is probably going to do it for me. End of the road seems nigh. Unreal how they don’t acknowledge the issue let alone compensate, just downright disrespectful. It’s really commendable and a bit unbelievable how you guys still surviving here, guessing it’s just addiction at this point.