New Official Scopely RTS blog?

So scopely has announced a new planned Blog to start shortly.

That’s pretty much all that’s been said.

Questions in advance?

• will there continue to be a forum/line support in its current state
  • will it be any different than the current level of support (new promo announcements, screwup walkthroughs, etc)
  • what can they possibly add in a different format they don’t already have… And most importantly
  • what will be lost if they reduce their current formats of “support”? Will it improve levels of fun /accountability?

@gr.scopely

If the forum / line support discontinues:

• I’m okay with that
  • I’m not okay with that
  • I will be pissed

0 voters

I think the key point to the blog was that it would be accessed in-game. So, communication would be better for players who spend their time in the game and don’t really come and read everything here (particularly because you have to wade through a lot of chaff here to find anything official).

I don’t really see how it would differ from the character spotlight type stuff that currently gets included in the game, to be honest. Hopefully it would load quicker because the performance on those is dreadful.

3 Likes

I don’t see that it matters. They don’t listen anyway.

4 Likes

Personally there is more important matters such as free to play being left out of a lot of thing such as red velvet cake collections. We also don’t get as much torches and event items as pay to play 130 collection items for about 170 torches isn’t a far balance and is laughable.

1 Like

It would almost certainly be in their interest to close down the forum. It’s an echo chamber of (understandable and justifiable) discontent barring a few dissenting voices.

They’d really lose nothing from shutting it down. They’re not taking suggestions from here so they’d only be losing a breeding ground for ill feeling. I guess their only reason to keep it is to deter people from going somewhere outside of their control to plot.

2 Likes

Also what wrong with forums there job here is to communicate with us and if they can’t do it here and reply to serious and future possibly topics then I don’t think they can do it on any platform.

Blog’s nice but its only one way. The biggest issue is communication the opposite way. Terrible move if they thought the blog solved all communication problems. It doesn’t.

@trout

will there continue to be a forum/line support in its current state

• The forum/line will still be there to host the discussion and be the primary platform to gather feedback.

will it be any different than the current level of support (new promo announcements, screwup walkthroughs, etc)

• The blog will host all official communications and all players will be able to access them without leaving the game which is currently not the case.

what can they possibly add in a different format they don’t already have…

Just on top of my mind, I will be using the blog to give more visibility to the creation (videos, drawings,…) made by the community.

And most importantly what will be lost if they reduce their current formats of “support”? Will it improve levels of fun /accountability?

Nothing will be lost in the process as we will continue to add and improve the way we communicate on the blog based on your feedback and future iteration of the said blog.

GR

6 Likes

Ah ah ah. I like the rest but that particular question referred to non-blog communication. Which still needs improvement in itself. Not just the blog

2 Likes

From zero is always improvement

1 Like

Thanks GR
Always appreciate a real response to questions.

We know you’re in between a rock and a hard place.

2 Likes

With respect, when people have been asking for greater communication, I don’t think echoing the community’s own work back at them was really what they had in mind.

Besides, this is something you could do really easily through the forum. If this is the first thing off the top of your head, why aren’t you posting this stuff here? It doesn’t need a blog and I, for one, wouldn’t want to have to plough through some other player’s sketches to find the actual information from Scopely.

I may be wrong but I think you may be wide of the mark on this idea.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.