My Free To Play Experiment - 30 day check in

A month ago I wondered how long it would take to get a 5* team, or even reach the end game, with the current state of RTS. Question answered! Do you remember how long it took for you to get a full team of 5*? What does someone with an account at this level progress? Here is my progress after starting a brand new, free to play account last month. Thanks for watching!

4 Likes

Took me 6 months and probably 9 to 10 months in I had them maxed

2 Likes

I remember the grind! I remember being so excited to get 4* Dale. LOL

2 Likes

The biggest accelerator is a good event I started this account during skull tokens within 60 days I had a fully maxed 6* team

My first ever five star was red Kenny from the telltale season four event they did

1 Like

My second was Tripp

1 Like

Not worth people starting to play this game.

That’s not true it’s easier than ever to have a decent team if u try sure you won’t be a top player but not everyone has that desire it’s more about something to do

1 Like

Your opinion. But hey this game has more players dropping off and quitting than starting to play I mean pay.

Yeah I agree it might be better to get older non relevant toons now than in the past but it completely negates the point in restarting.
And you get nowhere not being in a top 10 faction.

Biggest issue with starting is weapons it takes too long to get decent ones

Good point! I have not even really started lvling the armory. I could use some better weapons for sure!

I remember getting 5 star Richard as my first, I think he was one of the first 5 or 6 released. Alongside 3 4star line attack Andreas and a 4star Carson lead, there literally wasn’t a team that could stand more than 3 or 4 turns against it. Pretty much what mega whales feel like with 5 Sclass now I assume.

Issue now is that getting non ascendable 5 stars is the equivalent of getting 3 stars back then.

1 Like

is this wonderful and shiny new advertisements video have any discussions of the kind of bucket placement the new account you are playing has or how the variations of the bucket placement can do changes of the experience for a new player or does it have objective information at all or just a every thing is good here lets all keep playing and try to trap new victims windows movie maker star wipe mess and this is a real question because i will just not give a view to this

2 Likes

Is kookie back?

1 Like

never in the game it is gone i was just here to see what of fresh hell was done because today is a day that ends in y and those are the days that scopely does a wrong thing with many bugs and problems :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

My first year was completely f2p. By the end of it I had Christa, Larry and Sandy. (Probably was closer to 9 months than a full year to get them tbh) Got Christa and Larry from the sweepstakes they used to do (i guess those two emptied my bucket for the rest of time. Never been even close to that lucky again). Used them and planned and saved for 2 months to win Sandy in level up. Of course it took several more months to T4 them, since the ultra rare gear map only dropped 2 or 3 times a year back then, and i was too weak to beat the first 2.

Took so long… it was horrible. But at least they gave out great toons for winning those solo tournaments. Faction ones were terrible with mediocre 4* toons for top placement though. Anyway, things picked up after that, and about 6 months later I was fighting over 1st in the region.

The biggest thing for me and getting my account going, was Walker Hordes, I was blocked from WH till I got to level 20, or was it 24? But doing Hordes in Bronze or Silver, I don’t remember anyone getting a single defend, and you get so much stuff, gear, materials, elite item, weapon and Character tokens, It was the best way to get decent weapons, and you also got a shot at a 5 star as well, and at the time as well they had a stash, I got so many Benedict’s, that I completely misused on my 3 star Rick because I didn’t know any better, oh and at the time I had an obsession with maxing 4 star green Bo.
So you do have an advantage of being a veteran player, not misusing the prizes you get, that is a real trap for a newbie.
Keep the experiment running! I like watching these, it’s a fun idea.

1 Like

So sad to see the way scopely has broken you :pensive: