Just one example of things that make us angry

This isn’t a complaint post per se, but it is something to show the lunacy that permeates in your game. Most of us understand that the company needs money and are ok spending when the merchandise is worth it. Even if it isn’t, scopely has the prerogative to set whatever price they deem fair. What doesn’t make sense to me (and many others I assume) is stuff like the broken rng system on weapon crafting. I recently just completed my 30th unsuccessful try at impair while defending, while using duct tape, polishing kit, and holding all crafting territories. If that number seems high, it is. Now, the biggest issue is that I didn’t spend one cent to try any of these crafts, which shows crafting weapons does not net monetary profit for scopely. Why in the world would you set such low odds on a portion of the game that does not affect your bottom line at all? We play a GAME to have FUN. By constantly getting screwed over by a flawed rng system, we are not having FUN. When people don’t have FUN they stop playing your GAME. It’s honestly no wonder that so many people have chosen to cheat, and purchase weapons from vk. I’m not expecting anything to truly be done about this, but it would be nice to get an acknowledgement from someone at scopely about, perhaps, why the system is set up like this for something that has such a large impact on the game yet makes very little money in the grand scheme of things. @kalishane @CombatDevIl @CombatMan.

3 Likes

I think when it comes to weapon crafting, the fun part is when you fail so many times and eventually get something you want. It is frustrating no doubt, had my fair share of failed AD and failed Stun claws for over 30 tries… but it’s part of the game imo, and ofcourse, the excitement when you finally get it (still no AD after 50+ 60 idk I don’t even count anymore, but 5th Stun sword.)
What I’m trying to say is I don’t think it’s a problem, but I do hope you understand If odds are good, everyone would be running with 5 stun guns /swords, that I don’t think you’d prefer

1 Like

In my region many people are running with that. Not being able to actually get what you want has made a LOT of people turn to cheating. Which scopely does nothing about

Great post! It took me at least 20 attempts to get stun on a weapon. A faction mate tried for stun on Shiva’s claws as soon as she was ascended and got it on the first try.

I actually believe weapons is where VK makes their money. I have seen teams with all stun, impair and/or absolute defense weapons. If I used every single tape and kit I’ve ever gotten going for one of those 3 outcomes, I don’t think I’d have 5 for a full team.

2 Likes

What’s nuts is that there’s always the other side of the spectrum, I know it took you 30 tries and nothing, I got impair on blue on believe it or not my first ever try, AD took 8 times, stun claws took 6, revive over 10, and impair only one try…I agree its ridiculous, you have to not only pray for a crit but for the right one of 2 or 3 different possibilities…

1 Like

Lol, you’re right, it is a complaint. Just didn’t want it to be blindly interpreted as some of the other whiny ass stuff on here. Also, like I said, there is no money to be made from this rng. 30 crafts and no money spent. So the rng for crafting doesn’t encourage spending, it encourages cheating. A quick look at Lanier’s top 2 factions proves that. They should guarantee a “best” critical after something like 10 tries with the same weapon imo.

3 Likes

And if odds were better, would there be something to work for? It’s low to keep from saturating the players with all the best weapons and the coin market is in the weapon pulls.

2 Likes

Took about 4 tries for red stun, 2 tries for Double attack for me to get them. Still on attempts 30+ for AD and Green stun.
The absolute worse is seeing your faction mates brag about getting their shiny new toys after 1 attempt lol. A guy in my faction who is pretty noob has just gotten two red stun guns this past week on 1 attempt for each lol.

I’ve noticed that 2 and its the ones with the weapon mods rather than the ones who buy players that get away with it, it has to be a red flag when u see a team with 2 or 3 ab, but they don’t do anything because them people are spending. Oh here comes my ban I mentioned money.

1 Like

Armory is certainly one of the most frustrating parts of this game and it certainly seems that odds are not same for everyone or every account per server. Personally On my main server did over 60 tries for 8 percent back in the days, and any mod I make takes at least 20-30 tries usually more. While crafting on other servers never takes more thank 5-6 tries to get any mod wanted. Both my Alts I played in for a lot less time (one only 5 months) have better weapons than my main. I used to hear so many conspiracy theories about odds being not even for everyone but thought that was just an excuse… but after all the time that passed and comparison with other servers and other faction members there seems to be truth to the theories. It’s always Same few ppl that get weapons super easily and always same ppl who can’t craft anything after 30 tries.

Having that experience makes me feel that perhaps the people who did exploit armory back in the day were a tiny bit justified. I wrote to Support saying that I wish I did since I knew it almost immediately. It can be a hugely frustrating part of the game and am sure has turned ppl to Vk. Would be amazing if armory would just disappear!

And I understand this is just personal whining…

3 Likes

Sorry but exploiting for competitive advantage is never justified. We all find it frustrating but with grinding weapons do come. They tend to come and go in waves. Droughts then floods. Happens to us all.

1 Like

You have no idea how hard I fought it on my server. Think other than one person who quit, server didn’t exploit at all. But the drought you mention been a 2 year long one almost so feels like for equalizing with “Lucky” accounts it would have been not as terrible. Mind you it’s 2 years of frustration speaking.

I left top faction I was leading over this because it was either me or another co who did use the exploit. I was not gonna stay in faction with him though he was big help for the group at the time. He was only one on server who was exploiting it and I saw other server I played on die over this. I hate cheating in games… but now looking back I get moments where I feel maybe i was silly to try to keep everyone clean. I detest armory with a passion especially because it’s so easy to make multiple stuns absolutes and impairs on my other account. It feels like a constant slap on the face.

But this is not an armory hating thread so sorry for going on tangent.