Intentionally bugged shield?

Conspiracy theory time, tin foil hats on folks, although this doesnt seem like a theory as much as truth.

So here i am a sleepy whale :whale: who just woke up after a nice dream about giving my money away, i come to the forums and see a new s-class shield, i think to myself meh :man_shrugging: I’ll buy it of course as i cant help myself and must spend my money but wait… What’s this?! One of the hardest hitting toons in game, Princess :princess: with an active skill that can nullify human shield for 3 turns will crash the game if used or doesnt work on shields! Ohhhhh take my money! :money_mouth_face:

I am going to say, scopely can fix it right now, take but a few minutes but why would they do that to their money maker right now? So i expect it to be fixed in maybe a month. This isnt the first time they have done things like this (cant think of a direct comparison as I’ve been up all night slaving away on nightmare sr) something close is selling Doc and coming out with Angel, while not exactly the same, shady is shady and if you put it past them, you must be new here.

Do you think scopely would do something like this?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Do you think scopely can fix the shield bug in lets say a few minutes?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Does it seems strange that they acknowledge the bug just before they come out with a shield?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

When things are done like this or Angel coming out while Doc is on sale, does it make you want to spend or make you not want to spend?

• Take my money scopely!
  • No pancakes for you!
  • Makes me want to spend!
  • Makes me want to not spend!

0 voters

Are you wearing your tin foil hat to protect you from scopely mind reading device they use on us?

• Yes
  • No
  • I dont need protection, i live dangerous
  • Scopely would never!

0 voters

Honestly I feel like the two different departments didn’t collaborate on the influence one has on the other. I feel like this bugged normalize ability needed to be address and I’m glad it finally was. It was floating around for a while and hearing some comms on it is better than nothing. There are still other ways to get shields to not shield other than normalize so options are available.

With Doc and Angel, Doc can still be very useful under the right circumstances / leverage even with Angel released. I know you mentioned not exactly the same, but I do get the general idea / gist of what you are saying.

I would actually love to hear more comms from scopely on known bugs and that they are acknowledging that they do exist. Honestly I think it would be worse if scopely had not acknowledged the bug but some players knew and some didn’t that it existed. It’s a well talked about bug and a few content creators, myself included have made a video on the bugged use of normalize on a human shield

Sorry but I don’t buy this “don’t collaborate on the influence”. These words looks like sugar coating.

Because in a simpler words in means that either Scopely had organized their business processes quite poorly OR had hired unprofessional people.
Neither of this is comforting.

I don’t see what would hold them back from doing it. The backlash? Lol. Been there, done that. And its actually a smart thing to do. Businesswise.

As for ethics. Corporations don’t use that word. Like at all.

1 Like

well I think it seems kind of obvious collaboration is missing / communication. We have a number of posts added to the forums at times that miss pertinent information that needs additional prodding. Today even the blitz war announced - no one knew if it was aow or crw until it was updated. Angel spotlight featured and the card and written stats didn’t match.

I agree there are a number of issues with the game especially when and how information is presented, and feel that the community has seen it as well. Intentional or not with the timing of posts, we as the players can really only react and interpret the communication we are given.

Personally, I like more information than less. If it was intentional then I’m disappointed, if it wasn’t I’d say poor communication and still some disappointment.

That one was actually funny. GR posted a pic without even checking it because obviously “the team” never f’cks up so why would he.

That’s not “misunderstanding”. That’s the attitude.

Since scope doesn’t code or develop the game my answers were a bunch of no. Taytron Is on the development team not on the publisher team. In all actuality I think developers have a little more pride in themselves even know a lot of you don’t think so these people try to put out a good product.

This was more of a joke as the forums are very toxic and negative but also serious, the way it was done is suspicious and scopely doesnt have a good track record. We all know they can fix things instantly, so we will see how long this takes, if it takes weeks or months, calling it intentional and while i do like they addressed the bug, no denying that is wasnt poorly timed at the least. The bigger issue is selling things that dont work or while a bug is ongoing, the shadyness is an issue that needs to just stop, this is a multi million dollar company and they should have some professionalism about them.

2 Likes

You get the natives riled up

1 Like

tbh if they stopped selling things due to bugs, we would probably have nothing to get. Everything to do with territories would be shut down seeing as how buggy they are. Guo is bugged with his active skill, so no more guo cards. Last war there was a weird bug where toons would die and then come back and loop till they defeated the attacker - so no war, no cans etc. I think some server maintenance would go a long way and addressing more of the bugs would also be nice on the communication, honesty and acknowledgement front. I would also add that not everything can be fixed instantly - it still is people having to look into the ‘coding’ and figure out what interaction is causing it. It could be a secondary interaction that appears to us as normalize on a human shield, but could be the specific toon (Princess), the taunt + normalize combo etc. I am not extremely familiar with coding myself, but some of my friends code and it can take a while to fix a problem.

Lol

And yea maybe some server maintainace and bug fixing and updates instead of pumping out promos every week would help. I am very well aware of coding as ive been doing for 15+ years, it isnt that easy and i have said that more than once on the forums, things take time. We do know for a fact tho, if this was hurting their pockets, would be fixed instantly, so we will see if it is fixed after Frosts promo or if they are going to fix it.

Anyways this wasnt to be take so serious scopely crusaders

As an owner of Doc, I feel like Angel is a clever move in that she doesn’t completely invalidate him but does stop everyone just throwing him in a team without thought.

2 Likes

Maybe you should give them some pointers then lol - but yeah there would be some shut down - or quick fix. I do feel like some of those quick fixes don’t hold up though. An example is the bug where toons who have a full ar that heals - and only heals a single turn will not use their rush but manually attack. For the most part this was fixed but unfortunately in the case of Koa human shield - it means he will attack rather than shield or rush when his ap is full and his hp is full. Which is what you don’t want in most human shields

What’s beta for? Thought that this was the testing ground before release… bugs etc could be avoided better through effective testing and a bedding in period. However stuff is pumped out so fast with it being bugged from off… it’s then left bugged for varying lengths of time. Territory being the longest gooing to date. Yet other times stuff gets a quick fix… appreciate might not be simple remedy bit still…

I have and told them i would be happy to help them with things, i live like a 40 minute drive from the HQ in California, they said they dont want to share their pancakes tho :sob:

I’m Canadian - we have lot’s of pancakes and maple syrup - wahooo

2 Likes

That is a dif conspiracy for a dif time, gonna need extra tin foil for that one tho

Got a fresh roll extra thick…

1 Like

Scopely is on their way right now :yum: