I’ve been gone a year

Should i come back as a freshie?(nuked old account)

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Nuked right around when S class toons were released
Comment any improvements or faults that have been made this year, thanks in advance

1 Like

Be gone for more years :grimacing: save ya self my friend imho

6 Likes

if you want to play like f2p it will be very challenging ( but you can take support from a good faction ) same for as an very mild p2p. ofc as an good p2p you can catchup. and you must be happy while playing ( or having fun ) while as an f2p or very mild p2p otherwise its no use. well you know what happens if you use good amt of money. and btw you need to know how to play using new characters, skills and other stuff. make sure you learn. if you want to play.

3 Likes

i have an account i spend a lot on, and one i spend nothing on.
tbh, it feels a little more fun on the f2p account since i have to work way harder.

3 Likes

Don’t bother… if u have free time spend it on watching paint dry… not on this. No no no.

10 Likes

I find the game fun.

1 Like

If you come back now, you will be very behind in a class era. However, if you stick with it you’ll be in on x class (what I think will come next)

1 Like

This poll is pretty damning lol

2 Likes

like the cat dude

2 Likes

Gone to jail for a year, or? :rofl:

3 Likes

Challenging depending on how active you are free to play actually stand a chance now compared to the 6*. I am completely free to play and have almost got my second trader.

1 Like

Over time, due to the shard system, you can have any toon you like. Most of active F2P have, Pete, Priya, Aarav, Princess and/or Mercer and all of those are still relevant toons (Mercer won’t be for long though with the Axel release).
In the 6star days there was very little, if any, chance of getting toons like Doc, Raven, Zach etc without spending but it’s more than possible to get top toons now. Some F2P event/season toons are decent too, such as Lilly, Angel, Aaron, Kenny etc, although some are abysmal too, like Jason, Kapoor, Marlon etc. (Princess was, many forget, an event toon whose cards were released to at least 4k in an event when she was first released and she’s one of the best in the game).
It will take a decent amount of time to get to a decent level, but if you are willing to invest that time, its more than possible to achieve.
The game is in the best place it has been for F2P and mild to mid spenders than it has been in its whole lifetime.

3 Likes

You should take into account that with activity and luck at a minimum, you would need 1 to 2 months to get 1 of the characters you name above, to have a decent template, you would need 5 to 10 months, and that assuming you manage to sneak into a top faction of your region that manages to get into the top 20 of the CRW.
So you have accounts.

2 Likes

thanks for mentioning how important activeness is i forgot about it

Didn’t you quit, @ too? I remember your posting about how the game is affecting your daily life and psyche.

1 Like

i did quit well my life is different from his so if he had time to play i was suggesting him

Good and fair point. Definitely worth bringing up.

2 Likes

Imma be honest bro…dont come back. Fun game but promos are pumped to fast, f2p are thrown scraps even tho it is possible to mange in a top faction with good rewards and activity. But if i could leave this game I would again and never look back.

3 Likes

No, I don’t think this is the right time currently…I would wait when they release the next 7/8 Star class, which I anticipate can’t be too far away.

I came back to the game in March due to COVID and being furloughed, so I can speak from personal experience.
I left an OG account briefly after 6 stars were introduced, when Mirabelle and Tyreese dominated the meta.
I believe the catch-up curve is too steep right now, it took a lot of patience and humility to raid with S class Glenn and Kapoor just to get 400 points per war to collect tiny pieces of S Class cards like I was begging for scraps at the homeless shelter.

My recent saving grace has been acquiring S-class Princess with the help of last season, she’s an absolute game changer for a FTP player, but Scopely doesn’t really assist new/returning players and continues to pile on the advantages for PTP players.
Save yourself the sanity unless you’re willing to spend $$$.

Edit: I want to add that within the past year since you left, thanks to the PC and @Parker, the game has been tremendously generous to FTP players. Events are bountiful and useful characters like Kenny and Lilly are widely available and not hidden behind a paywall. Battle Pass and events like Onslaught has kept the game interesting! Even though Season 11’s changes were a disaster, they reversed course and fixed Leagues while listening to the masses. Praises to Scopely for their great strides compared to 2019.

6 Likes

This is so true. Trying to come in now with a team of free s class toons is just asking for an ass kicking.

2 Likes