Hunters log, 1 Bear Paw

Wonder if this is the 1 paw a lot of people won’t get and will get screwed out of Yogi The Bear.

3 Likes

It has to be part of the 40 paw ,since this event is clear as mud to how we going to get all 40…but I’m pretty sure at the end alot of people will be short one or two bcs this stupid side events inside the event.

1 Like

Scopely was openly and widely criticized for confusing descriptions and shady tactics they employ to manipulate players into spending and obscure the way to obtain the event toons for “free”. Their extended surveys for events (those that asked more than just if you like the game and what you like/dislike) started to feature the “what did you find confusing” with a specific “understanding which parts are free and which are premium” and “being able to tell my progress in the event”…

For once, it seemed like they actually listen to players feedback and it culminated in the cards event, where it was very clearly described what you need to get Lilly… Looks like somebody at Scopely got fired for that, since follow up events started to be less and less descriptive (items to be obtained in “events and missions” without any quantity, or schedule) and here we are now…

Bear’s journey has the great potential to be a great event, with enthusiastic participation, possibly higher than with Kenny, but you have virtually no clue where you can get the paws… Login = 10. Roadmap = 10, but it runs for 12 days in a 5 week event. Will there be two more maps with 10 each? Will there be even another map? Will there be any real missions? (The paw in Hunter’s log is in market)… will you have to buy paws or buy something to finish the missions fot paws?

This is the old Scopely in their best form of telling you jack sheet, but asking you to $pend, $pend, $pend like there’s no tomorrow…

11 Likes

Yes yes yes yes yes.

Obscuring the odds harms everyone, revealing the odds benefits everyone.

I try to imagine what a stakeholder at my job would say if I went to them and said “wouldn’t it be great if instead of telling the customer what their monthly service cost is, we tell them you can use our platform, but we are going to drop surprise features they have to buy that are only useful for 3 months.”

Yeah… I’d get walked out the front door with my desk things in a box

2 Likes

I got it, also got 2 from a the bag, crazy

I worked in service at my company for 10 years. Halfway into my career, we introduced the concept of “expedite fees” for demand placed inside of leadtime where the customer was supposed to pay in order to get our product manufactured faster.

Not really anyhing shady about it, except that there was no real difference of how the order was handled in the system. If it was possible to produce earlier, it was - whether such order was charged an expedite fee or not. And if the material was not available or the capacities were full, then no improvement was achieved…

Still not a problem, right? The main idea was - if we’re trying to expedite, why not charge the customer. At least we discourage those that simply want an improvement versus those that really need it. But - the process dictated that we invoice the fees even though we fail to improve the order it was supposed to expedite…

That reminds me somewhat od the situation here. Dear customer, please pay an expedite fee for a random improvement of your delivery date…

To continue the story, since almost a year ago I work in BU planning now. And though the expedite fee procedure exists for 6 years and has had several revisions to it, I found out there was absolutely no sign off from planning. And just as we always suspected in service, there is no system flag, no order or planning attribute to signal that any demand has to be expedited…

classic business scenario

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.