Here’s my simple idea, and if you like @kalishane I’ll expand on it.
Rather than continuing the negative rhetoric, I am again putting my time and energy brainstorming how to save this game. Please take this suggestion seriously. I have put forth this idea before and there has never been any official response.
The issue as I see it: Raiding between tournaments serves little purpose. Everyone puts up garbage defenses and must use a Drop lead in top factions. So its not challenging at the top levels, so its not engaging. The only time you see real defenses is in War, and then only briefly. The reason? Reputation is useless, and also your defense leader must be the same leader you offer as your Faction Ally.
I propose that you instate a small change, and a new competition that I think will be very easy to code. This is just an overview.
First of all the small change: Make 2 specific additional slots in the team list. Only 1 person is needed in these 2 teams.
#1 is Avatar Slot, since some people just want a pretty face on the game next to them regardless of effect. This has no in game effect, other than in the chat window.
#2 is the Team Ally slot so who the team can hire has nothing to do with the team I defend with.
Here’s the big change: make a weekly contest for raiding in the following ways
- Existing reputation system remains unchanged, but is still acts just like it always did. You still gain/lose rep as usual.
- You are given some number of tokens each sunday night or maybe the events vary in length. (1000?) I could see this new mode be coded as a solo tournament that’s persistent between each raid tournament. So it could be any length really.
- Every time you raid a player, you risk some of your tokens, trying to win some of their tokens. (ex. you win 24, they lose 12?)
- Every time you raid a bot, you win some number that nobody loses, maybe 1/4 of what you’d get raiding a person.
- Every Time you Defend a player you get their tokens.
- At the end of the week the top 100-1000 get a prize, something not crazy good but worth it. 3 Lilith and Ulysses, 50 Legendary medals ect. for top place, 2 trainers for top 10, 1 trainer for top 100…ish.
- Ghosting remains unchanged. You can opt out.
- All levels of players have something to fight for, or just a free something for what they do each week. Any tier of player can be competitive IMPORTANT.
- Players put their real defenses in more often. Which in turn causes their opponents to have more fun trying to defeat them. If war is the premium event then the GLARING issue is that we only see the “war defenses” come out when war is up. In fact I instruct my team to never show their real defenses outside the 30 seconds before an actual battle. What reason do we have to put them up? This makes a reason. If the prizes are worth it, people will engage, and it’ll hugely increase player engagement in raids.
- It takes away nothing, you can ghost and totally opt out of this because you wont be able to be hit. Nobody loses.
- The whole server will gain in skill and want for better players, weapons and content besides war. Raiding has become kind of a joke where the point is only to gain food. Rep does nothing but a leader board that never effects anything.
- Coding is relatively mild, uses all existing tournament and raid mechanics, and since its a solo tournament it shouldn’t effect team swapping ect,