Help/advice in creating war rota

I am trying to find an easy way of creating a spreadsheet that will allow me to chart my factions availability during war weekends based on timezones and preferred hours of activity.

I have tried out a bunch of Android apps but none seem to fit right, or the features I want are behind a paywall which I would prefer to avoid.

Does anyone have any pointers or stories of success with this task before I just break out Excel on go old school on this problem?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Edit. The apps I tried were from this list http://blog.idonethis.com/tools-for-managing-time-zone-differences/

The one that seemed most promising was spacetime on slack

Google Calendar could work. Each mate could make their own calendar which you could import, or you could make a shared calendar they could all view and edit. There are also options for Time Zones in the settings, though I haven’t personally used those much

1 Like

Good idea! Do you know if there is a way to have a secondary anonymous calendar? I doubt my faction mates wanna know when my aunties birthday is! And I can’t ask them to reveal their actual names, personal details etc

Under Settings, you can create New Calendars which I assume are separate from your default personal calendars. It has an option to add calendars from URLs as well, which makes me think they can be shared.

If you want to be totally safe, you could always make a second Google account just for TWD/Gaming in general.

1 Like

Hmmm… I’m not seeing that option under settings. I’ll have a mess around when I get home from work. I might need to do it from my laptop.

Yep. Looks like it’s a browser function, not app. I’ll try it this evening. Thanks Pablo

At the very least, that’s an app that’s not going to have anything locked behind a paywall. And it’s already optimized for scheduling, so it might be a bit easier than grinding out an excel spreadsheet

I have pictures of the add Calendar option I found, if you need them.

1 Like

It’s something I think I have to do via my laptop, but I’ll hit you up if i have any issues. Thanks!

How does that work? If you put a certain time frame, let’s say 7-9pm, would it show in another’s calendar as the equivalent in their time zone?

From what I can tell, it would show as the equivalent, and you can modify the calendar to display a world clock with select timezones every marked event adjusts to. Seems pretty feature-rich.