Gr and scopley support

After many unanswered attempts to get help i am just overlooked @GR.Scopely so please don’t try attempt now after so long of ignoring pms. My game swap when I log into Facebook after 4 years support can’t help and forum managers are useless as toe tag on a turkey. Whoever is left its been good years(Not recent lol)

tenor (17)

Support “taking it to the team” ^^^

10 Likes

Nailed it. Perfect

1 Like

Must be this better communication they promised.

1 Like

Lol @ better communication. GR was very active in forums like they promised… now he’s AWOL

But don’t worry, you can go to their new website for the latest information. Really useful info on the latest recruit. Oh it’s still highlighting Mercer?..
Never mind…:man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

He going to quit like all the others have.

I have a fac member with this case as well. Is there any other way to escalate it? Dude’s been playing for years now, and support’s just giving some lame ass answers and not willing to help.

It’s actually fascinating to see the playerbase looking out to help each other, rather than the support team of which they’re getting paid for to actually SUPPORT the players. ironic.

1 Like

Yeah, really tough job being the messenger to an angry mob with pitchforks and represent a company that has zero interest in listening their player community.

Thick skin can only get you so far before you start looking elsewhere

Recently there is nobody i am agree .

They all go on holiday for a month at christmas it seems

I can enter every thread and post taking it to the team for a quarter of his salary. Wouldnt be that hard to automate it lol.

2 Likes

Maybe @GR.Scopely has left the building thru scopes revolving door.

The team is working on it. Nobody knows how long the Team is working on it. :joy:

Thank you for your patience :joy::rofl::joy:

Reassure that the dev team will come back

@Marlboro Thanks for reaching out. I would encourage you to recontact our customer support by following this link https://scopely.com/customer-support/ as they are the only ones capable to look into this particular issue for you.

Note: Remember to provide them your account code if possible. (you will find this code in the following format within your player profile in the game (XXX-XXX-XXX)]

GR

Where do I reaching out when support never help or come back to you?
@GR.Scopely

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.