Gift everyone a single Uncle Sam hat

Why reward 49 hats instead of 50 in the 4th of july missions? All prizes take a minimum of 10 hats to redeem. Is it even possible to get a single hat? I havent seen an offer that gives less than 10. Scopes should gift out a single hat to everyone to make the 9 not useless.

16 Likes

I’m surprised. When I saw that they were giving us 49 hats I automatically assumed they’d try to sell us a single hat. Because everything is in multiples of 10 so surely they’d realise that everyone will be left with 9 useless hats. I was apparently giving them too much credit.

In every other event they sell us bags where the minimum prize is 1 of whatever the item is and we hate it because we know we’re gonna get only 1. But this time 1 is all we need and the minimum in the bags is 10. They’ve got to be trolling us right?

3 Likes

Don’t think it’s trolling. Just incompetence.

7 Likes

And while they’re at it 1mil coins and winning lottery tickets :grinning:

1 Like

It’s left at 9 so you are enticed to spend on the offers. Even if you buy the offer you are still left at 9 to buy more. It’s a common Scopley tactic to make you feel like you need to complete it

3 Likes

It should be 50 for the 50 states.

Is Scopely saying one of the states isn’t a part of the USA anymore? Shame on you Scopely.

2 Likes

My opinion is the event sucks since they had to do that make us one short no matter if we spent or not since everything is multiples of tens ots so stupid

1 Like

I got 400 trader cards. Since getting trader cards regularly is pretty impossible, I tip my cap to scopely for figuring out a way to give me 400 cards without actually giving me progress.

1 Like

They need to do something about the 1 hat tho cause it’s pointless and useless cause everyone will have 9 hats left over since there was never an offer or anything to get at least 1 hat

1 Like

That’s how Scopely wants it to work. They want you to continuously be 1 Hat short so you just keep buying the Hat offer over and over

2 Likes

If you buy enough offers you eventually end up with an even number

In most cases you’re right. In this case you are not. You can add 10 to 9 as many times as you like but you’re not gonna get an even number. That’s why this time its extraordinarily dumb.

2 Likes

Ahh yes. Counting has never been my strong suit haha

Yea but thing is you will always be short one hat no matter how many times you buy hats which makes me not want to buy hats since I’ll never have an even amount

Because you’re not a compulsive spender. This psychology trick works on one person in 50 (if the price is low enough), and maybe one in 500 at the Scopely price, but is proven to work… and is eithout a doubt a really shady business practice…

Our company has won the Etisphere’s award for most ethical company in 2016-2020, guess Scopely will never make it to the list…

They will get the reward for shadiest company

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.