Fair War Reward Comparison

So I know a lot of people have been talking about war rewards lately and about how they have become progressively worse over time especially compared to the ‘good ole days’. I looked back and compared the rewards for war that we just had to the war that was done around the same this year.

2017 War Mid January prizes for hitting 100K milestone plus faction reward:

1st: 5* Darlene, 1 box of 800-1400 5 star tokens, and 30 batteries for a collection event
2nd: 5* Mirabelle, 1 box of 800-1400 5 star tokens, and 24 batteries for a collection event
3rd: 5* Earl, 1 box of 800-1400 5 star tokens, and 21 batteries for a collection event.
4-6 got 2,500 5* tokens, 1 piece of ultra rare gear, and a few event collectible items
7-15 got 500 5* tokens (woohoo), 1 piece of ultra gear, and even fewer event collectibles.
and 16-80 got 500 4* tokens (wow),1 piece of ultra gear, and even fewer event collectibles.

2018 War Mid January prizes for hitting 100K milestone plus faction reward:

1st: 20K 5* Tokens, 3 boxes with either watch or radio 6 star t3 piece, 3 boxes with 6 star active trainers, 1 2* Trainer, 1 3* Trainer, 1 4* Trainer, 1 5* Trainer, 1 Lilith (6* AR Rush), 2 Alpenstocks, 2 Waist Toolkits, 2 Gas Masks, 2 Top Maps, 1 Police Shield, 2 Camp Stoves, 2 Weathered Journals, 1 Long Coat, 1 more random Ultra Rare Gear piece, 1 Walkie or School Bag

2nd: 15K 5* Tokens, 2 boxes with either watch or radio 6 star t3 piece, 2 boxes with 6 star active trainers, 1 2* Trainer, 1 3* Trainer, 1 4* Trainer, 1 5* Trainer, 1 Lilith (6* AR Rush), 2 Alpenstocks, 2 Waist Toolkits, 2 Gas Masks, 2 Top Maps, 1 Police Shield, 2 Camp Stoves, 2 Weathered Journals, 1 Long Coat, 1 more random Ultra Rare Gear piece, 1 Walkie or School Bag

3rd: 10K 5* Tokens, 1 box with either watch or radio 6 star t3 piece, 2 boxes with 6 star active trainers, 1 2* Trainer, 1 3* Trainer, 1 4* Trainer, 1 5* Trainer, 1 Lilith (6* AR Rush), 2 Alpenstocks, 2 Waist Toolkits, 2 Gas Masks, 2 Top Maps, 1 Police Shield, 2 Camp Stoves, 2 Weathered Journals, 1 Long Coat, 1 more random Ultra Rare Gear piece, 1 Walkie or School Bag

You can say that 'well there was no milestones back then so obviously it would be less and of course that is true. But that is PART of the war rewards. When they made the changes to war last Spring/Summer they said that prizes would be reworked factoring in all these individual milestones.

These reward comparisons are the facts there are no ‘debates’ with the pure evidence. Which one looks better to you?

As for opinions…that of course is where we can start to debate. Honestly I’m tired of being called a shill just because I say the war rewards are actually pretty damn good. They are BETTER then they ever were IMO. I don’t want a random 5 star toon that isn’t even going to make my raid and/or defense team. I never got a Konrad or Magna or Priya or Teresa for war.

Yes there were some decent toons as war rewards but nothing ever ‘awesome’. I personally would MUCH rather have the gear and items needed to upgrade the 15 out of 19 6* that I owned that I received FREE to play which is something that never would have happened in the past…because the rewards have been very good lmao. There are a LOT of issues with the game don’t get me wrong and I’ll be the first to bitch about them but I don’t think this is one of them! Granted some of the events have had some pretty piss poor prizes but overall in the past 6 months they have give out quite a bit of loot AND the means to upgrade the toons you received.

tl;dr for the comments: if you step back and actually look at whats been offered over the past 6 months it’s actually quite amazing.

Uh no because 5* actually meant something then and you are not taking that into account. They are basically giving the equivalent of two 4* for reward now. Not to mention the medals fodder and trainers you need if you luck into an ascendable from tokens.

I think rewards for war are decent … the rng for the roadmap events have me pretty pissed right now

Back then 5* was something. One Darlene would help a Lot in Survival Road.

Today, what 2 5* do? Nothing.

It’s simple.

They took war Prizes and slapped them into promos.

Look at every war how a new toon arrives Right after.

It’s another move by scopely to milk people.
Cash cow or leave. That’s where this game is

As jim mac has stated you have completely overlooked the new meta changes, making the comparison completely mute
Darlene was viable from the off all these 5* tokens mean is i have to compete in 2 more wars if i finish first ,and get the milestones, and hope i pull an ascendable character all to have a viable character tht was given away for competing in one war last year

We can agree to disagree. I did jack and shit with that Darlene when I got her. yay a toon that helps me a little in SR for a full weekend of playing and that’s about it. That’s my point. With the new reward structure EVERYONE gets stuff they need. Liliths, Benedicts, gear, etc. And even the little guys can all get that stuff by hitting their milestones. This system is sooo much better.

I Don’t need another Richard and another Shane drop.

My analysis is when they released Cross regional Wars.

So many cry babies came to shit on the forum, that scopely turned around
and removed war toons entirely as a Massive “fuck you” to the players.

I think you are forgetting that 80% of 5* aren’t gonna hold up on a defense or offense. And that these 20k tokens are more then likely fodder and or dups. Your comparing apples and oranges when u look at where the game currently is. U also happen to pick 1 time that they have been fairly decent. How about we compare the command maggie crw with the spencer, Bruce, and whoever else there is. Rewards have gone back and forth back and forth from ok to good to horrible. Picking 1 set of prizes isn’t accurate comparison. Especially with promises made with 6* and ascension

I do have a feeling they are going to start treating us better in CRW for rewards. Please tell I’m right @kalishane

4+ regions going at it for weekend deserves a nice toon prize.

Sure. Because is going to be 16 regions in War. Because everyone is leaving.

First off you cant claim its crap just cause you dont like one character, why not compare it with cain, or amy, who were also around that period.
You also cant compare the milestones to this event either as that is not a problem anyone has had with recent wars, maybe in larger quantities or none of the low gear in there, but the introduction of milestones arent gonna get taken away with better rewards

Finally wars occasionally had a reward structure like this
Character
4 Adens
Gear bags
(wouldnt you klike to see a valid quantity of trainers again instead of only getting a couple a week now they are actually valuble)

Let’s see

Jose - awesome
Monika - awesome
Erin - awesome
Command Morgan - awesome
Davie - awesome

Those 5 we amazing additions to players rosters even if you had premiers.

6s launch changed the relative value of a 5s. Can’t tell me earning 2/9th is equivalent to earning a 5s listed above at that time. They didn’t make a team but they sure as hell rounded them off nicely.

Sorry but your argument is wacky.

Siddiq was a CRW reward. He’s sitting in my lineup right now. And yes you can cherry pick 5 stars from what period of time? And again my argument is those were rewards for just a handful of factions! Generally just the top 3 and most of the time only 1 good toon out of those 3.

The ‘little guys’ even people who were in the 4th ranked faction got jack and shit. Now this is coming from someone who leads a faction who has not lost an event…um like ever? in the past 6 months in their region. I’m not saying that to be cocky I’m saying that sure I would have LOVED those rewards previously but it’s LESS healthy not more healthy for the state of the game.

Milestones severely helped those smaller factions. They can now still get their 100K just like everyone else fighting against other like factions.

I have to admit, being a guy who’s spent plenty on a Benedict for 4th in the past, it’s a dramatic improvement for those outside the top 3.

Jack shit 2 words no no need for and in the middle :joy:

Yeah as someone else who has been playing this game for a very long time I’ll also say that everything you are saying is completely wrong. Even lower factions don’t all make that top milestone for 100k maybe if it was lowered like it was before then sure but other then that none of what we get now in comparison to what it was before is a improvment its legit the opposite.

In the War I gave as an example last January Factions:

4-6 got 2,500 5* tokens, 1 piece of ultra rare gear, and a few event collectible items
7-15 got 500 5* tokens (woohoo), 1 piece of ultra gear, and even fewer event collectibles.
and 16-80 got 500 4* tokens (wow),1 piece of ultra gear, and even fewer event collectibles.

Are you kidding me saying this was better??

I’ll agree that the drop in prize structure has always been an issue but it is also what drives this game to be so competitive. You have to ask if the prizes didn’t fall off so steeply, would you try as hard as you do?

Siddiq was a great war prize that offered convenience for top placement factions and a path for the entire player base to acquire him. But that’s one example since ascension. Other than that they have been underwhelming. I thought that was a great system. Too bad we are back to just fodder.

2k 5s tokens is okay. Not great just okay. Maybe 2 players got something decent for the struggles. And unlike your region, ours is a hard fight to take first.