Faction Assault Q&A! ☠ Updated 12/08

Hello everyone!

It’s time for another Q&A!

Please post all questions below!

Things to keep in mind:

• Please separate questions by number to help us differentiate between them.
  • Please stick tot he subject of Faction Assault in this thread. Any other subjects will be flagged and removed.
  • Please feel free to go into as much detail as possible for us to understand your question / scenario clearly.
  • Please note that not all questions will be answered, but all will be considered. We will try to condense similar questions and their answers together.

How it works:

1. We will allow 72 hours for you all to submit questions both here, and on social media.
  2. Once closed, we will gather all questions into a document and share across the entire team, IUGO / Scopely.
  3. Next week, we will update this post with all selected questions and given answers!

Thank you all for your time! Looking forward to your questions!

Cheers!
Shane

Q&A Answers are Here!

Thank you to everyone who sent in questions! & Thank you to Hao, Carol, and Pranav for their time answering these questions – much appreciated!

Please see the selected Q’s and Answers below:

Q: Any word on lowering the required tickets to enter an assault?
Q: Can you please increase the amount of tickets earned? It takes a long time to get up to another Faction Assault.
Q: Will the drops for roadmap, raid, etc. stay? Will it get easier in the future to farm Tickets.

A: We are planning to run a Winter Event temporary discount on select boss summoning costs later in December. (More info next week!) We are actively studying the data to retune boss summoning costs and perhaps ticket earn rates.

Q: What type of plan or schedule is there for more FA ticket drops to each team? (It sounds like FA is only going to be an event every 2-3 weeks.)
A: We are actively studying the data to retune boss summoning costs and perhaps ticket earn rates.

Q: Will there be points in milestones? There is something in the tickets that says “purchased / won.”
A: We haven’t yet decided on the exact special events that will grant Faction Assault Tickets, but we do plan to have them someday!

Q: Can you rebalance the points we get? The first stages to get less and the final more? People in my Faction are fighting to attack first because it gives more points.
A: Damage possible depends on the total enemy HP of each stage. The strategy is different based on your faction’s strength vs Boss strength. If your team is not strong enough to fight the Boss directly, fighting in a non-boss stage against fighters/walkers will earn you more contributions; However if your team is strong enough to survive longer in a medium/final boss stage, Bosses’ huge max HP can help you earn points more effectively.

Q: How about an Assault on Alexandria or The Kingdom – one of the other non-villain groups? Would love to fight Rick and company!
Q: Perhaps the addition of holiday or special event bosses that can only be unlocked at a certain time of the year (Santa Negan) with seasonal goodies?
Q: Are there plans to create more villains than just Negan? It would be cool fighting the Governor with his troops as well! (Gabe, Martinez, Lilly, etc.) When would they be released?

A: Yes, we are planning to create new Faction Bosses. We don’t have any dates yet but we will keep you posted!

Q: How does multiple people attacking at once work? All damage counts? Is there any downside to attacking one each time?
A: Any excess damage done after someone beats a stage is counted on leaderboards, but is considered “overkill” and therefore not applied to the next phase’s or stage’s progress. Strategize with your faction: attack in parallel at the beginning of each stage, and one-by-one for the final strike. Be careful - the downside to attacking one-by-one is that you might not defeat the boss before time runs out!

Q: Are you going to change the points system? I think everyone in the faction should get the same amount of points.
A: Faction Members will be rewarded proportional to their participation in each Faction Assault. We want faction members who contributed the most to walk away from the event feeling they were rewarded appropriately for their hard work. We wouldn’t want the faction members who contributed 1 damage only to receive the same rewards as the ones have been working hard to defeat the boss.

Q: Will there be a Faction Assault Tournament one day?
A: We don’t currently have a Faction Assault Tournament planned, but we do hope to run Faction Assault special events someday!

Q: Can you please make the rewards for T3-5 better, instead of the same prizes as T1-2?
A: The rewards for T3-5 are different from those for T1-2. Higher tiers drop more Assault Markers in caches and Boss Bags, and collectibles for better feature exclusive characters.

Q: Instead of faction members having separate points in this mode, can you combine all the points your team accumulated, which will determine the prize rank you get?
A: If a Boss tier is cleared, the total damage contribution would always be close to total HP of all enemies in all stages. There might be some overkill damages, but wouldn’t be enough to change much. So there are really no multiple tiers of accumulated contributions to be ranked.

Q: Can you create a Faction Assault chat log, so members can chat while fighting the boss? It’s difficult to go to Faction Chat to plan attacks.
A: Unfortunately, we are unable to offer this due to technical limitations.

Q: If I attack Negan and kill him in Phase ½ and my faction mate attacks him at the same time and also kills Phase ½ Negan – do we both get our 500K, what happens?
A: You both receive your damage points. However, overkill damage does not apply to later phases or stages.

Q: Will there ever be gallons to replenish the 6 attacks?
A: We want this feature to be equally accessible to all players. There are no plans for Faction Assault attack refills at this time.

Q: In front of the points, could it display the number of attacks? It’s hard to control 30 people to not attack at once and those numbers would help.
A: On the Faction Assault Map, each Stage has a signpost with a person and a number next to the person. The number next to the person is the number of Faction Members currently fighting in that stage.

Q: How many attacks should people have? It seems to vary from 4 to 6 for people in the same faction fighting the same assault.
A: The number of attacks should be the same if fighting the same tier:
T1: 4
T2: 4
T3: 4
T4: 5
T5: 6

Q: Standard non-sale Assault Depot prices seems to vary from person to person. Is this correct?
A: This is a known issue that will be fixed soon. Thank you for bringing it to our attention!

Q: Will there ever be Regional World Bosses? In which whole regions can participate in? Similar to the “Call to Arms” event?
A: Unknown

Q: May we have an official statement to what the “Flare Gun” from S3 Negan Boss actually is used for? (Upgrading 5 Tara, upgrading 6 Tara? How many will we need? For each tier?)
A:
The Flare Gun is used to upgrade both 5- and 6-Star Tara. The quantity needed varies by Tier:

5-Star TarA:
T1 -> T2: 1
T2 -> T3: 2
T3 -> T4: 4

6-Star TarA:
T1 -> T2: 2
T2 -> T3: 4
T3 -> T4: 6

Q: The leaderboard system is severely skewed in favor of players that beat earlier/easier stages. This promotes early “sniping” over actual teamwork and faction strategy. What is the plan regarding this?
A: The damage can be made depends on the total enemy HP of each stage. The strategy is different based on your faction’s strength vs Boss strength. If your team is not strong enough for the Boss, fighting in a non-boss stage against fighters/walkers will earn you more contributions; However if your team is strong enough to survive longer in a medium/final boss stage, Bosses’ huge max HP can help you earn contributions more easily.

Q: Will we ever see S4 Negan?
A: Stay tuned!

Q: Why are rewards for a faction event designed to require coordination set to value individual score rather than being about best faction performance?
A: We wouldn’t want faction members contributed 1 damage only to receive exactly the same rewards as the ones have been working hard to defeat the boss. Also the differences are really about the amount of markers only. Everyone will receive exactly the same Boss Bag, which contains more valuable rewards than the Supply Depot ones.

Q: Will there be item(s) added to fill the empty 3rd space on every reward bracket on every tier in Faction Assault?
A: We don’t currently have plans to add more items to Faction Assault. The first space is for Assault Markers and the second space is the Boss Bag, which contains a large assortment of items.

Q: Why do daily ticket totals reset twice a day? They reset at 7PM eastern and then again at 11PM eastern.
A: This is a known issue that will be fixed soon. Thank you for bringing it to our attention!

Q: Are there going to be Faction Assault weapons like SR?
A: Unknown

Q: Why can we not join a Faction when the Faction is fighting against the boss?
A: Players are unable to join a Faction when the faction is fighting a boss because new members could unfairly attack the Boss.

Q: If I leave my Faction do I take the tickets with me or do I leave them behind?
A: When you leave your Faction, the tickets stay with the Faction.

Q: If two Factions have the same score, does it rank them at random, or perhaps by the total time spent completing Faction Assault?
A: The tie-breaker is total number of attacks used: the fewer, the better.

Q: Will the difficulty ever increase? Longer duration, longer bosses, more crates?
A: Yes, we are looking at adding a more difficult T6 in the future. The timer is likely to be shorter than the timer for T5.

3 Likes

When will update be live to fix bugs?

3 Likes

Any word on lowering the required tickets to enter an assault?

6 Likes

What type of plan or schedule is there for more FA ticket drops to each team?
So far there have been 2 big (~165k) drops… are they going to continue

If not, it sounds like FA is only going to be a every 2-3 week event for factions and 2+ years to get Tara (is she only going to be usable on FA stages?)

1 Like

Will there mybe be a little bit of points in milestones? Because there is something in the tickets that says purchased/won.

1 Like

Can you rebalance the points we Get? Like, the First stages to Get less and the final more. Because people on my Faction are fighthing to attack First because It gives more points. I really like this new mode. But because of the point system, people are arguing more than playing.

4 Likes

Are there plans to create more villains than just Negan? It would be cool fighting The Governor with his troops as well (Gabe, Martinez, Lilly, etc).

Can we expect the ticket requirements to start assault to be lowered? It’s a bummer to have this cool new feature that we can only play every 2 weeks.

7 Likes

How multiple people attacking at once Works? All Damage counts? There is any downside attacking one each time?

1 Like

Will the Drops for Roadmap, Raid etc… stay? Or will we get in the future easier ways to farm Tickets?
To start T5 costs really much.

1 Like

Are you going to change the points system. I think everyone in the faction should get the same amount of points. 1 person can rip through stages 1-3. We had 2 guys score over 1 million, but you can’t get nearly that many points against Tara or the humans on steroids in S2 and S3 assaults, let alone against the tank.

3 Likes

Will faction assault be a tournament one day?

1 Like
  1. When will you release new bosses to fight?

2. Can you please make rewards for T3-T5 better? Put some six star gear in there instead of the same prizes as T1-2.

3. Why did you make the rates to get Earrings for Tara so difficult? Players should automatically recieve one silver or gold, everytime you clear T5.

4. Can you please increase the amount of tickets earned? It takes ages to get up to another Faction Assault.

5. Please can you fix the bugs in this mode?

6. Instead of faction members having separate points in this mode, can you combined all of the points your team accumulated, which will determine the prize rank you get? Only those who participated get a prize yes.

7. Can you create a Scopley Headquarters boss map, where players must work together to defeat certain members of Scopley? It’s the samething as usual, just with Scopley Employees, and Adam Wei will be the main boss, since he’s the CEO. Lol

8. Can you create a Faction Assault chat log, so members can chat while fighting the boss? It’s annoying how we have to go in Faction chat to plan attacks. A chat log should already be in the Faction boss fights. Example: You’re fighting Negan while chatting with teammates. That would make things much easier.

These are all my questions for now. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

If a Faction Mate and me attacks the first Boss and im killing the Boss and my Mate also too kills him.
Do we both get points? Or how does it look like? The first one gets it all?.

1 Like

If I Attack Negan and kill him in Phase 1/2 and my Faction Mate attacks him at the Same Time and also too kills the Phase 1/2 Negan. Do we both get our f.e 500k? Or how does it look like?

1 Like

There will be gallons to replenish the 6 attacks?

Are we getting a territory that give us tickets? (Like Alexandria that gives 5* fragments per hour. We could have one that gives tickets for hours)

In front of the points, could It display the number of attacks? It’s hard to Control 30 people to not attack at once and those numbers would help.

After killing the last Boss, could we Get a guarantee item for the museum? Even If it’s for the 4* Shield. Last time our Faction killed the S3 Negan and most of us got 4* trainer…

Taking away the bugs (I know you Will fix It), this mode is awesome! One thing here and there and It Will be one of the most Fun part in this game!

1 Like
  1. How many attacks should people have? It seems to vary from 4 to 6 for people in the same faction fighting the same assault.

2. Standard non-sale assault depot prices seem to vary from person to person. Is this correct?

Questions/Feedback/Suggestions

1.) Will there ever be Regional World Bosses? In which whole regions can particpate in? Similar to the “Call To Arms” event.

2.) Perhaps the addition of holiday or special event world bosses that can only be unlocked at a certain time of year (Santa Negan) :santa: with seasonal goodies.

3.) I believe the actual Assaults themselves should only be started with (2) coleaders / leader confirming the initiation. Similar to how War Retreat operates.

4.) I would recommend the daily ticket income from doing daily things (raid, world map, territories) should atleast be doubled to stimulate gameplay.

5.) I would suggest the daily cap should be doubled+ to promote player activity and not restrict it. By placing a ceiling cap on players, it gives them less incentive to contribute more to the faction once a hard limit is reached.

6.) May we have an official statement to what the “Flare Gun” from S3 Negan Boss actually is used for? (Upgrading 5* Tara? Upgrading 6* Tara? How many will we need? For each tier?)

7.) The leaderboard system is severely skewed in favor of players that beat earlier/easier stages. This promotes early “sniping” over actual team work and faction strategy. Could damage, time survived on a boss, or any factors be taken into account to have a better reflection of each individuals contribution with the overall assault?

8.) Will we ever see an S4 Negan?

Thank you for reading :sunglasses: :+1:

5 Likes

The Regional World Boss would be nice. Faction Assault Event. 1-2x a Month would be really awesome. Also too with a Ranking like War and with Milestones (pls good ones).

Please eliminate the interfaction competition, this is like war sniping 2.0. No reason we should punish the bottom 10, and reward the top 10 extra. Lets not make any more divisions between players.

Instead everyone should get a flat number of assault tickets for winning, and the top 3 maybe get a small bonus.

Remove the daily cap. Its asinine that you cannot collect them all day if you want. If you are in a solo tournament, or during war you certainly will go over the cap. You guys have us literally grinding all day.

The rewards bags are pretty stingy for tier 5. Create a 4th slot within the drop bag and the options are as follows

1. Gold Earrings
  2. Platinum Earrings
  3. Upgrade gear for 5* Tara
  4. Upgrade Gear for 6* Tara

Fix the bugs where weapon and leader skills don’t work properly.

7 Likes