What’s your rating of the event? (higher is better)
So Wayland is the mod blacksmith and Earl the weapon blacksmith now? Sort of makes sense, I guess.
- Technical: Event started late, but that’s alright I guess. Apparently some of the mod boxes were severely bugged for some people; this should of course not happen at all, but official comms on this are absolutely required
- Communication: Event information was good as usual, Missing
- Mod events: Mod events like free removal and double for scrapping are always welcome (how about bonus upgrade chance?). I would like some info how often we can expect to see double mod scrap events in the future; I hope it’ll be a relatively common event. Getting a stupid message every time you run a world/road map is extremely annoying (mods don’t even drop from stages! stop bothering me) but you’ve just massively disincentivized scrapping outside such events.
- Roadmaps: This was fun. The roadmaps were short and cheap, but the last one was somewhat challenging so that there’s actually a bit of fun involved. If you fail, no big deal, try again. I enjoyed this part (unfortunately I think I skipped a day, not sure). More of this please
- Missions: Boring, completed on the first day. I don’t mind it if you need to spend to fully complete the missions (like in the battle pass), but I don’t like missions being completely gated behind a paywall the way they were here. Value seemed pretty bad for the pay aspects of the mission. Less of this please.
- Museum: Platinum set&shape choice boxes are nice idea, and a good free top reward for an event like this. Not too keen on the effect choice boxes, esp. for the price. Don’t need gold mods, but a nice option for newer players.
- Black market: Seems a bit complicated with all the currencies. I appreciated that you could spend mod scrap, and that all the currencies were directly or indirectly available this way - missing a day did not ruin your event, just cost a few extra scrap. but simultaneously it was not really worth it to spend huge amounts. Extra RNG plat mods are nice, and some gold mods as spillover are also ok. Would have liked to see extra sheet metal etc. exchangeable into mod scrap.
I like the idea of events focusing on particular game mechanics. This event gave me a reason to finally open some old CRW region rewards and make faster progress with getting all my gold mods maxed. That’s all a big positive in my book, even if the overall rewards were not stellar, and because there’s a limit to how much scrap you can have, it’s not quite as crippling for normal play outside the event as say FA is (In other words, I’ll still continue to level my mods outside events, but feel bad about doing FA outside one). I would be happy to see more things like this. That said, the rest of the event design was often a bit mediocre, and could use a little polish. 5/10