What’s your rating of the event? (higher is better)
- Technical: The black market page vanished some days to come up later, often with wrong titles. Not a major issue, but it would be good if such things could be avoided.
- Communication: As usual, all the important information was available
- Roadmaps: I did not have a chance to play the Emerald Mine, because it was way too expensive; also, random drops for something expensive like this is not a good thing. The other two were fine. But seriously, Scopoly this is the second time you’ve run this event. Do you know how mines work? Emerald mine, fine. But why, why do you need rubies to get into the Ruby Mine, and then don’t get more rubies there, but treasure tokens? That’s the opposite of what a mine does! Just swap the names, and it makes some sort of sense. You go into a mine to farm rubies, then sell them to buy a Treasue Map to get treasures that are more useful post-apocalypse. Right now, what’s the story supposed to be? You use a Treasure Map to find rubies, then bury them underground to fill the mine back up, and the happy owner gives you treasure? Is this some Keynesian stuff, pay people to bury rubies underground, then others to dig them up again to combat post-apocalyptic unemployment? I don’t get it. Swap the names.
- Black market: Free stuff is nice, a bonus for people who have SC is nice, I like the idea of small offers tying into events. But overall, this was a bust IMO. To get anything good, you needed to spend a lot, and a little to medium spending didn’t get you anything worthwhile.
- Treasure wheel: This was … meh… alright I guess? Some of the more useful 6* like Stevens and Wayland. Some trainers. I wasn’t excited about the stash last time, and even less excited this time, though on reflection it was probably better. (FWIW, I got my like 5th Mia, another Stevens which is nice, and some trainers).
Overall, this was a very unexciting event. Main gameplay element was figuring out how many rubies to use and how many to save in case the event comes back. That said, it wasn’t bad per se - You could just take the free rubies, run the Ruby Mine (or even just exchange them on the black market if you were really lazy) and get some ok-ish stuff for practically zero effort. I’m ok with events like that, little investment, little return. But I like it when such events feel good, which his one didn’t for me. 3/10
[ETA: I’m not doing a thread for the Bonus Torch Roadmap ‘event’, because I don’t think a roadmap is an event. Was decent though}