Event in Review: Summer Beach Bash

• Technical: The event went smoothly after starting a day late (and IIRC there was a bit of delay with some of the rewards, nothing major).
  • Communication: The event description on the blog was comprehensive and informative, save for come inconsistencies with the cost (and this is partially my fault after pointing out something that looked like an error…)
  • Roadmap: I cannot say anything about the roadmap, as I did not get to play it. I hear it was challenging and some people went in not expecting this
  • Missions: The Daily missions were generally easy to do. The SR mission was highly annoying, however, because of the three separate timers: Daily SR reset time, Daily mission reset time, Event daily mission reset time. I often found myself in the situation where I had time to do some SR stages, but doing so would mean missing out on the next daily mission coming up. In the future, I would recommend syncing the event daily mission timer with one of the other timers for events like this, or reducing the number of required stages. i don’t even remember the week-long missions tbh.
  • Rewards:
    • The stash was fantastic, I loved it. 18 walkies and 18 bags! Lots of cans. Random other useful stuff. Amazing!
    • Why was it possible to buy more stash tokens than you could use? Pure trap for people who don’t pay attention
    • I like the format of being able to get small quantities of newer cards from week-long events, or other high-value stuff. Prices seemed very reasonable for the effort.

Overall: 8/10, one of my favorite week-long events so far.

11 Likes

shotgun was worth grinding for, no complaints from me

3 Likes

Agreed not terrible. And had similar SR issues with missions. Otherwise all good.

2 Likes

Easy missions, easy roadmaps, easy prizes.

2 Likes

i concur, got a 5* weapon and armory tokens.
something for everyone.

1 Like

There was a stash??? :rofl:
Who would have known, what with the other 2,538 events going on simultaneously?

1 Like

Blog post… or even seeing that there are stash tokens in the black market exchange.

Is this some sort of series @DrJank? Are you now the Samsung to my Apple of retrospective reporting?

3 Likes

I liked it. Free stuff for normal gameplay. The roadmap was challenging but not impossible for established players (except maybe the red enemy team, that was a b**ch.)

Would be happy to see more events like this in the future.

1 Like

The cards were overpriced that’s about the only negative about the event the rest of it was good decent items in the special weapon , armory tokens trainers , the missions and the maps were straightforward too imo

1 Like

It was alriight. Didn’t attempt the roadmap on mini account, but the stash was there, so that’s cool. Like when there are ways every level of player can be rewarded

No promises. But I do think with the current frequency of events, some post-Event discussion might be interesting.

2 Likes

It’s weekly too?! Taking you to a Patents tribunal

1 Like

Noooooo didn’t claim anything, noooooo. Just realised it had finished. With the million things going on and stressing over sparkler missions not registering properly I completely missed the end time :sleepy:

Yup. Totally agree with you there. I think I had already done SR before the event started so I always had to wait til the next day to be able to finish that mission. Wasnt a massive problem tbh but it was annoying as I like to try do all tasks in one go so I dont forget about them later.

1 Like

I wouldn’t worry. This was a review of an event that didn’t include any views on the roadmap - arguably the most crucial part to get you the real rewards :joy:

Beach Bash, Kendama gold for S cards bags and Marlon’s multi week event were the best this year.
One of the aspects I really enjoyed on Beach Bash was the possibility of doing the daily roadmap without buying the beach balls who were given on basic missions. F2P got enough for doing the roadmap and spenders purchased offers for more umbrellas, very balanced as should be.

3 Likes

The real rewards were the 18 pairs of walkies and bags IMO. They’re the most important resource in the game; 3m three times a week is a giant pain if everything is stuck at T3 max. Everything else you can get in other ways (though the weapon would have been nice I guess).

1 Like

I actually really liked this event, pretty good rewards for just grinding.
Beach bash was much better then the 4th July/ Freedom event.

S-class cards and armory tokens are way less accessible compared to walkers/bags farmable from elite gear map imo.

1 Like