- Technical: This event was substantially buggy, with missions not working or funtioning in unexpected ways. A step down from recent events, but it happens I guess. The compensation for the errors was absolutely adequate.
- Communication: The event description was, as usual, quite good. There was quite a bit of confusion in my faction about the bugged missions. While people should read the blog announcements, when such errors happen an in-game inbox message would certainly be appropriate.
- Solo: These made little sense. I assume that this was supposed to be an easy event, but incentives to actually complete these were almost absent, when you could get everything by doing almost nothing (a full faction logging in daily would have almost been enough). I could get several sprinklers extra, but what’s the point? The last combined solo/faction short event, Savior whisky raid event, gave good motivation to complete as much of the solo stuff as possible. Even if they didn’t make them as good value as that event, some incentives would have been great. Just having a single Hat for completing all of them would have been a much better design (even if the technical issues would have screwed it up)
- Faction: These were very easy, which is nice I guess, and makes it so that even small/casual factions can have a shot at completing them. Good to do this once in a while. The reward amounts were bizarre though, with 49 Hats available, which you can only use in multiples of ten. I didn’t check every offer every day, but didn’t see a way to get the single hat, only other multiples of ten which of course don’t solve the problem. So getting that last faction milestones does little but give you nine extra pulls on the wheel, which has about as much value as pulls on the basic token wheel.
- Wheel: This was (as I predicted) highly mediocre. Not bad, as you got a decent amount of pulls, giving some XP fodder and extra 5*/ascendables (I got dupe G2 Rick and Green Hershel, plus a red Magna I didn’t have as a 5* for potential Arena use, or realistically just collection I guess) . OK as a bonus reward, but 50 pulls from that is not much different from a few more pulls on the basic reward wheel.
- Black Market: Four options for cards (three of them relatively new and not yet widely available), or Plat mods. Very welcome and absolutely appropriate for the effort; although the missing Hat is annoying. If you wanted those cards and had unused coins, the Hat offer wasn’t too shabby, 500 coins for 130/100 cards with a decent chance of getting double or more is an absolutely ok deal.
- Museum: The American Fl@g part is just tacked on and has no integration at all with the event itself. It’s not really a paid part of the event, it’s an unrelated bonus for buying offers. Yet it was officially listed as part of the event, while the freedom offers were not (which give 10 Burts for free if you login every day, absolutely fine little gift). I have one more question: why are these in the museum? You need one currency for either of them (American Flags and Apple Pies), which gets consumed as you claim things. That’s almost the definition of something that should be in the Black Market!
- Free Slater is not officially part of the event, but greatly appreciated. Thanks, Scopely!
What is the point of a weekly event? If it’s just handing out free stuff, this was an ok event. If it’s giving player something mildly interesting to do that’s different from the everyday grind, this was a failure - complete boredom.
Overall: 4/10, please revise before running a similar event again.