- Technical: I can’t remember any noteworthy issues.
- Communication: The early descriptions were informative enough - the event was very complex and took a while to figure out, but it was possible with the information given. It’s always annoying when things change, as it did here with the exchange options, but the changes were much for the better, announced clearly, and happened early enough in the event, so everything OK here.
- Events: While I hope that this does not happen too often, I enjoyed having some event stuff in rank rewards - it gave clear bonus motivation to push for a top spot, and made event strategy and planning important. Milestones were disappointing though - far, far too many Kings were awarded; even after exchanging everything in the Black Market and six flushes, I ended up with 438 Kings that I could do nothing with (and I even skipped some). A good part of the milestones for many events were essentially empty.
- Roadmaps: Twice per day seems to be a good frequency for events of this type; every 8 hours can be a bit stressful and makes it easy to miss some. Having the cards roadmap run more often was a great choice, as was being able to run either Jacks or Queens individually to balance for random drops. Not a huge fan of these, for what it’s worth, but I didn’t mind them - getting the occasional extra Jacks or Queens certainly helped, but you could get a lot even if you weren’t lucky. I did not have to farm the Cards map for extra drops though, if you had to I can see this being very annoying and a giant can sink. Also, why is the map that give you decks called “Cards” and the one that gives you cards called “Deck”? This makes no sense and is just pointless obfuscation. (At least the Decks map costs decks to run, but the cards map doesn’t require cards… and with this naming scheme, almost every map should be called “World Energy”.
- Museum: Here you could only exchange cards to flushes (plus the event toon ofc). I ended up with enough for six exchanges, which I was quite happy with, a bit more than I expected at the beginning.It was very discrete though, 50 of each or bust - a more gradient scheme might have motivated some extra pushing/farming. Event toon was very accessible, which is good, and seems decent enough on paper.
- Shop: I don’t remember any offer for coins or cash I thought were worth it related to this event, though the bag of decks was amusing and I can see it being an ok investment if you need just a little more
- Event wheel: Epic gear, which is about the most common gear not dropping on world map stages. Never a bad thing to have though.
- Flushes: Overall this was very good. Accessible toon, lots of older shards, random useful stuff, and the big box (which I didn’t expect to be F2P but in the end was possible with heavy grinding if you were willing to skip the toon). Having the big box be more granular would be better though
- Deck: Aces in exchange for Kings, Jacks, Queens was useful. Tens to Kings conversion is only marginally useful, but it was good that it was there
- Cards: Complete bust IMO. Why the ridiculously low rate of maximum trade-ins for Kings? Why could Aces only be traded in chunks of 50 - grabbing another flush would be much better if you have that many. Exchange rate for Tens was a joke - 200 Tens for a piece of epic gear? Sure, they’re farmable, but at that rate farming makes no sense at all for such common gear.
All in all, I liked the event, but the ridiculous amount of Kings that had zero use was a major detraction. I’m ok with events handing out more than necessary, even if the additional items are useless, but there is a limit to this - a week’s worth or more is just too much. Maybe I shouldn’t be so annoyed by this, as I got a lot of stuff out of this event and enjoyed the strategizing, but I am. 7/10
What’s your rating of the event? (higher is better)