So Endurance mode generally seems to be less liked, especially among F2P and low spenders, and for good reason: in Domination, you can always get a bit of luck and a good run and get a good placement for free, but in endurance mode someone can simply spend a bit and beat you.
That said, I used a few of the free tickets to make sure I get the extra ring from milestones (and then two more because I was close to placing for another ring), and actually had a good time. Losing key people from my team meant that I had to use something than my usual team, which made the fighting quite interesting.
This got me thinking that there might be a bigger game mode in here. I’m thinking something like an endurance challenge: You get a set amount of opponents (maybe league or region based), and can see their defenses. After every battle, your whole team becomes exhausted, so you have to tailor a specific attack for every defense team. In the end, the one who beat the most opponents (or the most difficult ones) wins.
Advantages as I see them:
- You get to use much more of your roster than usual, and in new combinations
- Strategic planning necessary - where do you use your best toons? Against which opponent would fast Negan or Harlan be the most useful? etc.
- More interesting than raid tournament snoozefest
- In higher leagues the defenses would be much too tough to use secondary/tertiary teams, so the event would be over quickly. I’m not sure how to solve this (maybe you could have multiple attacks, and toons that die stay dead, territory/sr style. Maybe have a gauntlet of players from all leagues as opponents?)
- Scopely would only do this if they can make money, and I’m not sure how to monetize this. Maybe energy & cans? Not sure it would be enough, although the mode would incentivize going for duplicate toons
What do you think?