Draft arena is still a mess

Have the option to change the weapons at the very least.

We have 8% ap weapons all day long but the yellow draft is awful

no mods or leader skills and basic bit@h weapons isnt fun, end up just auto’in these and move on to the next day.

it could be fun if maintained right

3 Likes

or default weapons on the defense teams to balance the matches

3 Likes

Axel and Guo are your boys. Their ap give is essential. I’m sitting top atm had turn 5-2-2-3-2 finishes in D1, the turn 5 was because a Priya Dazed Axel.
Had Rick-Axel-Rosita-Alpha-Aarav. Sometimes the options just suck, sometimes they are great. They were definitely above average for me personally this time.
Always prioritise Ap givers and commands in your choices unless it’s the last pick or 2 and you still don’t have a damage dealer.

2 Likes

i 2nd this i always hate draft cos the weapons it gives you suck, the toons it gives you suck. and then you face war defences. GG lol im sure they benefit from the leader skill as well

Altho since they messed about with the end times arenas more or less doesnt exist to me anyway as i got into a certain routine of when i did it and with them sneak changing the finish times i keep missing it

1 Like

Seemed like a good idea, but you cant use toons to their full potential, be it weapons, lead skill or otherwise.

Its still a good idea, it just needs tweaking

Louis and AJ

Last update took all the 6*s out. This was fine. Except the COMMANDS! If Rick doesn’t show then I’m moving granny speed :disappointed_relieved:

3 Likes

Worse arena experience yet with today’s draft… total an utter joke… was up against teams that devastated my piss poor mish mash selection… at very least should be lead skill bonus as sucks going against maxed teams with lead skill weapons mods and rings…

Know draft is luck of draw but it was total slaughter and I’m only in diamond 1

1 Like

Try Noor, Guo, or Axel

2 Likes

Lead skill doesn’t apply to defenders either, afaik

1 Like

I never like Guo. Facmates fangirled over him but I thought he was a waste. I will mourn my missing commands and you can’t disenfranchised me :rofl:

1 Like

I think you can get green Rick. But yeah I do miss being able to pull a doc and command like the old days

Guo is ideal in Draft. He has his ap give and also can be placed as a centre toon with a 35/15 for a psudo-lead effect. The fact that mods and lead isn’t a thing means his AR hits harder than usual too.
Axel is obviously better in every way aside from having a set weapon.

1 Like

Not sure just looked and think could be right ? Either way my pick was decimated by rampaging pryas with no chance to defend…

Oof (7 chars)

The draft arenas used to be fun but as the game evolves and peoples teams get tougher it makes it much harder to compete with the characters given. Mods and weapons would be nice.

Love draft. One of the areas of the game where you actually need strategy and synergy because you’re at a disadvantage; can’t rely on weapons to carry you.

2 Likes

I got 2 axel 2 noor and alpha was a pretty easy run

1 Like

Absolutely! The entire premise is that you are fighting at a disadvantage and I love that challenge once a week. You really do have to think carefully about your choices. Drafts is half way won on the selection screen.
I wouldn’t mind the weapons being allowed but that would take some challenge away from it.
People need to remember that literally every player is in the same boat for drafts.

2 Likes

Look at @Oldmans selection and what do you see?
4 ap gain toons and it was an easy run.
Prioritise ap gain and commands, thats how you place high.

1 Like