Does scopely actually care about its customer base?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

I find it extremely absurd that this company, who’s lifetime revenue from its customer base has accumulated over $1 billion in revenue, with the walking dead generating $100 million annually, cannot respond to a bug or mess up that is 100% on them. I for one feel like they do not care about its players and I highly doubt they understand how a competitive online game works. Regardless of how many people were affected by your mistake, be it a net positive or net negative effect, it needs to be rectified. You’ve proven before that you can and do have the ability to roll back inventories AND characters, as you demonstrated during Andreagate, one of the many many bugs that made it into production. That raises a whole new set of questions and doubts in your company, as any developer that is worth their education will have TESTED their code before it hits a production build. Hell most companies have two different builds. Key word being different, as beta RTS can hardly be called a beta build. Anyways I’m 100% sure that this post will be flagged or removed but I just wanted a chance of a scopely employee seeing this.

8 Likes

Over $1 billion just on RTS? Can you quote the source that came from? And then I will answer your poll

1 Like

No, they have no reason to care about what we as players want, need, like, etc cause people give them money regardless of what they do or think of their players, no incentive to change.

3 Likes

Sorry edited for 1 billion lifetime revenue

1 Like

Came from the sale of the first 4 S-Classes, actually

1 Like

I’m sure the biggest part of profit came from Star Trek, Yatzy, and now Looney Tunes.

I found the scopely employee guys.

1 Like

So when you have no factual basis do you want to take a cheap shot?

No I edited my post and added a source. You sour af bruh

4 Likes

How am I shower? You’re trying to say they make billions off one game Wynn called out you change it and then try to add a source… RTS is not there biggest game not even close

I edited it for accuracy. You have trouble reading I see

2 Likes

And add to your pool… I think sometimes they do not care and it’s about money. I do not think that they don’t care all the time. If they didn’t care they would leave the game to die

2 Likes

Not that I disagree but you aren’t exactly stating facts either. Nobody really knows which game makes the most.

3 Likes

And once again do you want to try to take a cheap shot. It’s OK for somebody to have a differing opinion you don’t have to get defensive.

1 Like

Not a cheap shot. You made a point. I corrected myself and you still pursue it. You bored or something??

4 Likes

And I answered, you see it’s not black-and-white there is a gray area. If they didn’t care I wouldn’t update at all, they wouldn’t fix bugs, and they wouldn’t create new content they would just let the game die.

1 Like

I see. Where I come from, when you care about your customers, you go above and beyond to keep those customers. When they have issues, you address it to their satisfaction. The customer is always right. Number one rule of customer service. You dont sweep issues under the rug because that’s how you lose customers. But somehow for scopely it’s the opposite.

7 Likes

Also, their main game star trek, was hit with a couple law suits. So clearly the theres a trend at the COMPANY scopely

4 Likes

I do not disagree with your point on customer service. They do need to do more to keep their base happy at the same time what’s good for one isn’t good for the other. Some people blow stuff out of proportion and should be compensated every time? Should everybody be compensated when not everybody is affected? Secure enough to keep the game going yet they don’t care enough to reply to every message.

Some people work in an industry where you have to keep updating to be relevant. Not everything you do in that industry makes everybody happy but you cannot always make everybody happy. And you cannot give everybody something When everybody was not affected.

1 Like